Lots of people love cooking and also think it makes the excellent relaxing leisure activity. A kitchen that is filled with fresh food that smells scrumptious is specific to make anybody's mood a bit lighter. It can occasionally appear tough, however, to pinpoint recipes that benefit you or advice that leads to an eventually successful dish. Possibly this Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe is the one you are looking for.
Among the best things that you can do is to cook with member of the family or friends. When you prepare with somebody else, you will be able to detect methods that they implement and also will be able to better yourself as a cook. Speak to them to see just how their mind works, to boost your know-how.
To cook Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) you need 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb):
- You need Equipment.
- Prepare 2 Pans.
- Use 1 Baking Tray (I think mine was approx 20cm x 20cm).
- Prepare 1 Food Pocessor (I used my trusty Nutribullet).
- Use Oven.
- Use Produce.
- Provide 1 Celery Sticks (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 Carrots (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1/2-1 Leek (finely chopped).
- Provide 200 gms Mushrooms (some sliced, some finely chopped).
- You need 1/2 Medium Onion (finely chopped).
- Provide 2 Garlic Clove (finely chopped).
- You need 1 tbs fresh Parsley (finely chopped).
- Prepare 3 sprigs Thyme (leave whole).
- You need 1 head Cauliflower (processed) - for the topping.
- Use Others.
- Use 1 1/2 tab Dried Mix Herbs (or Pizza herbs).
- Use 1 tbs Tomato Paste.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp Paprika.
- You need 3 tsp salt (2 for filling, 1 for topping).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp Pepper (1 for filling, 2/2 for topping).
- You need to prepare 1 tbs Rice Flour (mixed in with 1/2 cup cold water).
- Provide 1 1/2 cups Water.
- You need to prepare 2 Cups Almond Milk (for the topping).
- Provide 1 tbs butter (for the topping - I used a dairy free version).
- Provide 3 tbs Parmesan (for the topping - I used a Vegan Parmesan).
- You need 1 Can lentils (drained and rinsed).
- You need 2 tbs Olive Oil.
Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) step by step :
- Preheat Oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare vegetables as per ingredients instructions (pic doesn't show the Cauliflower once put in the food processor or the rice flour mixture).
- Place 1tbs Olive oil in a pan, add the onion and saute for 5mins..
- While the onion sautes, in the other pan, add the processed Cauliflower, 2 cups almond milk, 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper to the other pan. Place lid on pan and leave to simmer covered (I didn't take any pics, sorry). This will cook down for approx 15 - 20mins cooking (or until softened).
- Back to the filling pan, Add the other tbs olive oil and then leek and garlic and saute for a further 3 minutes. Then add the Mushrooms, carrot, celery, parsley, tomato paste, thyme, mixed herbs, paprika, 2 tsp salt & 1 tsp pepper and stir..
- Add the lentils and 1 1/2 cups Water and stir. Bring to the boil, turn down to simmer for approx 10mins.
- Just before the filling is ready, add the rice flour water mixture and cook for a minute or so and place the filling mixture into the baking tray.
- For the topping, place the cooked down Cauliflower mixture in a Food processor (I used a Nutribullet), with the butter and 2tbs Parmesan and blitz until smooth..
- Spread the Cauliflower Mash over the top of the filling, sprinkle the last tablespoon of Parmesan over the top and bake for 30mins..
- Once finished, serve. You can leave in the oven for longer for a browner top. I was too hungry to wait and it was great anyway (although doesn't make for the prettiest of pics 😂).
Cooking a scrumptious dish for your family members does not have to suggest spending hours ploding away in the cooking area. There are numerous variety of recipes such as Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe, you can use to whip with each other a fantastic meal in a short time, soon your household will be delighting in the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Shepherd's Pie (Vegetarian/Vegan /Low Carb) recipe useful please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.