Many people enjoy cooking as well as believe it makes the excellent relaxing pastime. A kitchen that is full of fresh food that smells delicious is certain to make any individual's mood a little bit lighter. It can in some cases seem challenging, however, to identify dishes that help you or suggestions that causes an ultimately successful meal. Possibly this Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry recipe is the one you are trying to find.
Always pick to cook with a wine that you would drink yourself. If you don't also like the taste of the a glass of wine that you are cooking with, chances are that you will certainly end up doing not like whatever it is that you are making! So pick out a good red wine that you know you like, and you will certainly like your meal much more.
You can cook Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry:
- Provide 1/2 pound char siu Chinese BBQ pork diced (about 250g).
- You need 2 tsp olive oil.
- You need to prepare 1/4 onion diced.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp ketchup.
- You need to prepare 1/2 tbsp oyster sauce.
- Provide 1 tbsp sugar.
- You need to prepare 1 tbsp honey.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup water.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 tbsp water.
- You need 1 egg beaten.
- Prepare 1 roll of store bought pie crust thawed according to package instruction.
Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry step by step :
- In a wok or frying pan, saute diced onion in olive oil until translucent. Then, add in ketchup, oyster sauce, sugar, honey, and 1/4 cup water. Stir and bring to boil.
- In the meantime, take a small bowl and mix the corn starch with 1 1/2 tablespoon of water. Add the mixture to the wok and stir constantly until sauce thickens..
- Add the diced BBQ pork and stir. Wait for it to cool, then put it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. The refrigeration will cause the mixture to harden and will make it easier to handle later..
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Roll out pie crusts. Use a bowl size of your choice to trace circles onto the pie crust and cut them into circular pieces. Mix the left over pie crust together, use a rolling pin to roll them out. Repeat the above process to get as many circular crusts as you can..
- Lay the circular pieces of pie crust on the counter and put desired amount of BBQ pork filling in the center. Fold pie crust in half and keep the fillings inside. Use the back of a fork to press down on the edges of the pie crust to seal..
- Carefully transfer the pork pastry into the fryer basket. Brush the top surface with egg and air fry at 340F (170C) for about 5-6 minutes. Flip the pastries over and brush the top side with egg. Air fry again at 340F (170C) for another 5-6 minutes until the surface is golden brown..
Food preparation a scrumptious dish for your household doesn't have to suggest costs hours toiling away in the kitchen area. There are many number of recipes such as Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry recipe, you can use to whip with each other a great meal in a short time, soon your family will be taking pleasure in the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Chinese BBQ Pork Pastry recipe valuable please SHARE it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.