It's long been said that the most effective means to a male's heart is with his tummy. Yet males aren't the just one who enjoy a fantastic meal. Cooking is not simply a technological ability, it's a life activity that you use everyday. Below, Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough recipe to practice as well as boost your cooking abilities and make you even better at it.
See to it that if you are intending an event with family and friends, to have each training course planned ahead of time. You should have an appetizer course, salad training course, main course and also dessert. Damaging your dish into training courses will offer individuals a possibility to digest as well as appreciate what you have actually cooked for them.
To make Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough you need 5 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough:
- You need 300 g all-purpose/plain flour.
- You need to prepare 200 g butter.
- Prepare 100 g (100 ml) ice water.
- Prepare 2 pinches salt (if using unsalted butter).
- Use 10 g (2 tsp) sugar - optional for a hint of sweetness.
Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough instructions :
- Add flour to a large bowl. If using unsalted butter, mix in a few pinches of salt..
- Cut chilled butter into small cubes and add to flour. Crumble it into the flour with your fingers until the butter turns to pea-sized pieces and dough is sandy..
- Mix in the sugar if using. Then gradually mix in the ice water until the dough start to come together..
- On a floured surface knead dough briefly until it forms a smooth ball..
- Wrap each ball and refrigerate for at least 1 or 2 hours. You can also make ahead and keep in the fridge up to 1 week before using..
- Roll out when ready to get baking! On a well floured surface, unwrap one ball of dough, sprinkle with some flour and start rolling out with your rolling pin..
- Divide into two equal pies if you made the full recipe..
- Roll out a little, lift and turn it a quarter turn and roll out more. Repeat several times until it's rolled out into a 30-32 cm (12-13 in) circle..
- Trim the rough edges with a knife so it's a pretty 30 cm/12 in circle (or smaller for smaller pie/tart pan). I used a big bowl as a stencil to cut out..
- Here it is after cutting..
- Gently lay the trimmed crust into your pie dish and fold over the excess edges. You can make a crimping pattern or use a fork pattern the edges..
- If you don't need to blind bake, go ahead and add your filling and stick it in the oven!.
- To blind bake for very wet fillings, lay a piece of aluminum foil over the pie crust and fill it with pie weights or dry beans. Bake at 425 F/210 C for 10 minutes or until slightly golden..
Since you have actually gotten to completion of this Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough recipe, now try out recipes as well as apply it and also appreciate. You never understand - you just might have discovered a brand-new vocation.
If you find this Basic 3-2-1 Pie Dough recipe useful please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.