If you are having problem lately in the kitchen when it pertains to getting your food just right, you are not the only one. Many individuals have all-natural cooking skill yet not quite sufficient know-how to prepare with perfection. This Easy Shortbread Mince Pies recipe is an excellent start, simple to cook as well as scrumptious.
Among the greatest points that you can do is to cook with relative or buddies. When you prepare with someone else, you will certainly be able to detect techniques that they carry out as well as will be able to far better yourself as a cook. Speak to them to see how their thought process functions, to raise your know-how.
To make Easy Shortbread Mince Pies you need 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Easy Shortbread Mince Pies:
- You need to prepare 225 g/8oz cold butter, diced.
- Provide 350 g/12oz plain flour, sifted.
- You need to prepare 100 g/3.5oz golden caster sugar.
- Provide Pinch salt.
- Provide 280 g/10oz mincemeat.
- Provide 1 small egg.
- You need to prepare icing sugar, to dust.
Easy Shortbread Mince Pies instructions :
- In a large bowl, add the cold diced butter to the sifted flour..
- To make the pastry, rub together with your fingers until combined. Then mix in 100g golden caster sugar and a pinch of salt..
- Combine the pastry into a ball – don’t add liquid – and knead it briefly. The dough will be fairly firm, like shortbread dough. You can use the dough immediately, or chill for later..
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6/fan 180C/392F. Line 18 holes of two 12-hole patty tins, by pressing small walnut-sized balls of pastry into each hole..
- Spoon 280g mincemeat into the pies..
- Take slightly smaller balls of pastry than before and pat them out between your hands to make round lids, big enough to cover the pies. Top the pies with their lids, pressing the edges gently together to seal – you don’t need to seal them with milk or egg as they will stick on their own. (The pies may now be frozen for up to 1 month)..
- Beat 1 small egg and brush the tops of the pies..
- Bake for 20 mins until golden. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then remove to a wire rack..
- To serve, lightly dust with icing sugar. They will keep for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container..
Since you've reached completion of this Easy Shortbread Mince Pies recipe, currently trying out recipes and also apply it and delight in. You never recognize - you just may have found a brand-new vocation.
If you find this Easy Shortbread Mince Pies recipe valuable please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.