If you're looking for A Proper Cottage Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect A Proper Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking might be one of the oldest abilities in the world. That does not suggest that there are any limitations to the knowledge readily available for the cook curious about increasing his/her skills. Also the finest cooks, also experts, can constantly find new dishes, approaches as well as strategies to boost their kitchen abilities, so lets try this A Proper Cottage Pie recipe, we hope you like it.
To cook A Proper Cottage Pie you need 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of A Proper Cottage Pie
- You need to prepare of Filling.
- You need to prepare 1-1/3 pound of ground beef.
- You need to prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need to prepare 1-1/2 cups of carrots.
- Prepare 1-1/4 cup of celery.
- You need to prepare 1-1/3 cup of onion.
- You need 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Use 1/3 cup of all purpose flour.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Provide 1-1/2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Use 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Use of Mash.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Provide 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need to prepare 1-2/3 pound of potatoes.
- Use As needed of water.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley flakes.
- Provide 1 cup of evaporated milk.
- Provide of Topping.
- You need to prepare 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese shredded.
A Proper Cottage Pie step by step
- Peel wash and cube the potatoes. Cover with water and boil till fork tender. Drain the water. Add the butter, and milk. Shred the cheese and add to the potatoes. Add the parsley and salt..
- Whip the potatoes well till creamy. Let rest. Chop the vegetables and melt the butter..
- Sauté the vegetables for 12 minutes in the butter with the salt, pepper, garlic, and thyme. Add the beef and when browned add the wine and allow to reduce. Simmer 15 minutes. This can be done as you are doing the potatoes..
- When the liquids are reduced add the flour and tomato paste. Stir and incorporate well. Let the flour cout and cook for 7 minutes. Add the broth..
- Preheat the oven 400°Fahrenheit. Stir well stirring constantly this will thicken. Transfer to an oven safe pan I used an 8×12 pan about 2-1/2 inch deep. Spread it out evenly. Then add the mashed potatoes I used a spoon, but you can pipe it on..
- Take a big fork and plow the field, put grooves on top. Then top off with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded. Put onto another pan. I put parchment paper on the bottom pan for easy cleanup. It's gonna bubble over!!!.
- Bake 30 minutes. Take out of oven and allow to rest 12-15 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Since you have checked out the A Proper Cottage Pie recipe, and also you have the expertise that you need to carry out in the cooking area. Get that apron out, dust off your mixing bowls and roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this A Proper Cottage Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.