If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Turkish Red Cabbage Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Every person enjoys the suggestion of sitting down to a tasty home-cooked dish, yet with today's hectic routines, it can be more challenging than ever to discover the moment to put one together. The good news is, assistance is out there, the Turkish Red Cabbage Salad recipe and recommendations in this write-up will certainly aid you put together healthy meals for your family in a surprisingly, short time.
To cook Turkish Red Cabbage Salad you only need 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkish Red Cabbage Salad
- Use of For the salad:.
- Provide 1/2 of small red cabbage, cored and very finely sliced.
- Provide 1 of large tomato, chopped into small cubes.
- You need to prepare 1/4 of cucumber, a couple of strips shaved with a veg peeler, then quartered lengthways and thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 of small carrot, coarsley grated.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, peeled, halved and finely sliced.
- You need to prepare 1 of small bunch parsley, half finely chopped and the other half roughly chopped.
- You need to prepare of For the dressing:.
- Provide 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of red wine vinegar (add 2, then taste to see if it needs a little more.
- Use of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 1 tsp of dried mint.
- Provide of Good pinch of salt.
- Provide 1 of heaped tsp sumac.
Doesn't it look fresh, healthy and just plain appetising? I find that this salad goes down well with friends and family alike. It's great with fish and meat dishes too. Red cabbage makes an interesting base, but does tend to stain the other ingredients, so serve the salad as soon as everything has been mixed together.
Turkish Red Cabbage Salad instructions
- In a small jug, stir all the dressing ingredients together (except for the sumac) and leave to one side..
- In a large bowl or plate, pile up the sliced red cabbage and using your hands, mix in some of the finely chopped parsley..
- In a separate bowl, gently mix together the carrot, tomatoes, onion and cucumber. Then add this to the top of the red cabbage pile..
- Pour over the dressing (mainly around the red cabbage) and a little over the top. Refrigerate for an hour before serving..
- To serve, sprinkle the salad with the sumac and the roughly chopped parsley..
- Add some additional cucumber slices and lemon quarters for decoration (optional)..
This is a lovely crunchy salad for winter, full of contrasting tastes and tossed with an unusual dressing made from cranberry sauce and walnut oil. We actually had this during our last trip to Turkey. This recipe is incredibly simple and easy to prepare - exactly as it is intended to be. Place cabbage and carrots in a bowl and dress it with salt, pepper, oil and vinegar or lemon to taste. Translation for 'red cabbage salad' in the free English-Turkish dictionary and many other Turkish translations.
Take these Turkish Red Cabbage Salad recipe concepts and utilize them as well as perhaps even experiment while you are at it. The cooking area is a fantastic area to attempt brand-new things with the best assistance.
If you find this Turkish Red Cabbage Salad recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.