Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
Mostly, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be very healthy and good for us to eat. A number of foods really do elevate your mood when you eat them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these.
Green tea is fantastic for moods. You were just waiting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is loaded with a certain amino acid known as L-theanine. Studies show that this specific amino acid can actually stimulate brain waves. This helps raise your mental focus while calming the rest of your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can improve your mood too!
As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to crusty french baguette recipe recipe. To cook crusty french baguette recipe you only need 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Crusty French Baguette Recipe:
- Provide 2 of yeast envelopes dry active (1 1/2 tbl).
- Prepare 3 of honey tbl.
- Use of water warm.
- You need 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Provide 2 tsps of salt.
- Provide of olive oil greasing for bowl.
- Take of semolina flour cornmeal baguette or for dusting.
- Take 2 cups of ice cubes.
Instructions to make Crusty French Baguette Recipe:
- Microwave 1/2 cup water for 30 seconds. Mix honey and yeast Into warm water. Let stand for at least 5 minutes until yeast is activated and starts to foam.
- Mix the flour and salt in a large mixing bowl with a dough hook. Add the yeast mixture..
- Gradually add 1 cup warm water until dough comes together in a ball that isn't too wet..
- Kneed for 2-6 mins until smooth and elastic..
- Shape the dough into a ball and place in a lightly greased bowl in a warm place until doubled in size (aprox 30 mins).
- Punch dough down and divide it in half..
- Shape the halves into 2 baguettes by making each a flat rectagle and folding in half, and in half again. Stretch into a baguette shape..
- Dust with Semolina flour or cornmeal. Place the baguettes on a baking sheet lined with a baking mat..
- Deeply slit the tops..
- Let rise again for about 30 mins until doubled in size. Cover with a clean towel..
- Position oven racks with one on the bottom with an oven safe (non-glass) pan on it, and the other oven rack in the middle.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Remove the towel from the dough after it has risen for the second time, and place on the middle oven rack..
- In the bottom oven rack, put the ice cubes in the pan and quickly shut the oven door. (this creates the crispy crust).
- Bake until golden, about 15 – 20 mins..
This is an excellent recipe for French bread/baguettes. I use my KitchenAid and follow standard bread making procedures. TIPS/TRICKS for French bread I've learned over the years: Do NOT add the salt with the flour. Making French baguettes at home isn't exactly quick and easy, but you'll be rewarded with incredibly fresh, crusty loaves—without having to go to Paris to get them. The classic French baguette might take a lifetime to master, but you don't have time for that.
If you find this Crusty French Baguette Recipe recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.