Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's EZ Crab Cakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's EZ Crab Cakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, simply making some small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A good healthy option can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If this is not to your liking on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's ez crab cakes recipe. You can have mike's ez crab cakes using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's EZ Crab Cakes:
- You need 2 of lbs Fresh Or 4 (6 oz) Cans Lump Crab Meat [fully drained & picked for shells].
- Prepare 1 Cup of Regular Bread Crumbs [+ 1 cup reserves for coating].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Roasted Garlic Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced Parsley [+ reserves for garnish].
- Take 3 of LG Green Onion Stalks [fine chop].
- Get 1/2 Cup of Multi-colored Bell Peppers [fine chop].
- Get 1 tsp of Minced Garlic [+ 1 tsp Lemon Pepper & Black Pepper to taste].
- Use 2 tsp of Brown Mustard.
- You need 4 Dashes of Hot Pepper Sauce.
- Use 2 Dashes of Worshestershire Sauce.
- Get 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Take 1/2 of LG Lemon [juiced + reserves for garnish].
- Prepare 1 of LG Egg.
- You need of Frying Oil [as needed].
- You need 1 Packet of Knoors Hollandaise Sauce [optional].
Instructions to make Mike's EZ Crab Cakes:
- A great brand of crab meat! Check closely for any shells..
- Mix everything together except for oil, hollandaise sauce and anything that says, "+ reserves." Add crab last and don't over mix. You'll want those lumps in this dish..
- Make your crab cakes to the size you desire. Smaller or larger. [smaller are less likely to fall apart upon flipping] It's up to you. Before plating your cakes on a plate, lightly spray plate with Pam to keep them from sticking..
- Place cakes in the fridge for 1 full hour to chill. Otherwise they'll fall apart while frying..
- After 1 hour, pull cakes from fridge and generously coat/pack cakes well with your reserved bread crumbs..
- Place oil in a pan and heat. Fry crab cakes until they're golden brown. About 5 minutes. Be careful when flipping them. Allow them to fry on one side for as long as you can without burning before gently flipping them. Upon flipping, use a spatula to lift cakes and another spatulas back side to secure the cake on its top. Then flip. Drain cakes on paper towels..
- If opting, make your Hollandaise Sauce as per manufacturer's directions. Know it will require both milk and butter. For additional flavor, add a couple of dashes of Old Bay and cracked black pepper to your sauce..
- Serve straight or, lightly drizzle Hollandaise Sauce over your crab cakes and garnish with fresh parsley. Definitely serve with lemon wedges to the side. Enjoy!.
If you find this Mike's EZ Crab Cakes recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.