Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
In general, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you’re in need of a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all great for helping to boost your mood. This is because these foods are rich in magnesium, which helps to boost your production of serotonin. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The more serotonin in your brain, the happier you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a great protein source.
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes recipe. To make mike's thick cut top loin pork chops over mashed potatoes you need 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Prepare of ● For The Meat.
- Use 2-2 of " Thick Cut Top Loin Chops [1 pound a piece].
- You need of ● For The Brine.
- You need 3 Cups of Water.
- You need 4 Cups of Ice.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Provide 1/3 Cup of Kosher Salt.
- You need 6 Cloves of Fresh Garlic [left whole].
- Use 1 tbsp of Whole Pepper Corns.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- Get 1 tsp of Thyme.
- Get of ● For The Seasonings.
- Get to taste of Webers Steak & Chop Seasoning.
- Prepare to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Provide to taste of Onion Powder.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic Powder.
- You need of ● For The Sides.
- Take as needed of Homemade Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare as needed of Homemade Pork Gravy [use pan drippings].
- Provide as needed of Fresh Baked French Bread.
- You need as needed of Whipped Honey Or Cream Butter.
Steps to make Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes:
- Two – 1 pound 2" thick Top Loin chops pictured. Fat trimmed..
- Create your brine. Add everything in the ● Brine Section [except ice] in a pot and bring to a boil. Stir until sugar, salt and seasonings are fully dissolved..
- Place brine in a plastic bowl. Allow brine to cool. Add ice to cool completely…
- Add chops in brine with additional ice if needed and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Ideally you'll want your brine at 36°..
- Pull your chops rinse and pat dry. Season as desired. Allow chops to come to room temperature..
- Coat chops with oil and generously season all sides. Especially with fresh ground black pepper..
- Preheat oven to 350°..
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat it to a high searing heat..
- Sear your chops on all sides. About 2 1/2 minutes on each side. Try not to flip too early. You want a solid char on your meat..
- Place hot skillet and chops in your 350° oven until chops have reached an internal temperature of 140°. Usually 8 to 10 minutes..
- Do not cut in to meat to check for doneness. You'll only release all its natural juices. Simply use a digital thermometer. Be careful to not overcook. Otherwise you'll have dry chops..
- Once at 140° – pull from oven and allow pork to rest out of skillet for 5 minutes. Serve on personalized cast iron skillets over mashed or, to the side of baked potatoes. Fresh baked French bread and a chilly acidic salad to cut the richness of the pork are also great ideas. I have several chilly, crispy, citrus acid based salad recipes under my profile if you're interested..
- Sliced Top Loin. Any juicy leftovers make for fantastic Sautéed Onion & Mushroom Sliders. Or, BBQ Sandwiches. Both on Brioche Buns..
If you find this Mike's Thick Cut Top Loin Pork Chops Over Mashed Potatoes recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.