If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Whether you are a college student just beginning your very own cooking experiments or an experienced cook with lots of dinner parties under your belt, there is always something new to find out about cooking. We hope these Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen area tonight, and get used to wonderful home-cooked meals.
To make Vegan Shepherd's Pie you only need 16 ingredients and 23 steps. Here is how you do that.
Ingredients of Vegan Shepherd's Pie
- You need 500 g of rinsed, 12h-soaked green&brown lentils*.
- Provide 1500 g of water.
- You need to prepare to taste of salt & pepper.
- Provide 1 of large white onion ca.175g.
- Provide 4-6 of garlic cloves ca.20g.
- Prepare 3-4 of carrots ca.200g.
- Prepare of Olive oil (or vegan butter).
- Provide 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1½tsp dryied thyme.
- Use 2420 g of diced potatoes (came from a packet of 3kg).
- You need of salted water (e.g. 2tbsp of smoked salt).
- Use 260 g of cashews.
- You need to prepare 340 g of water (e.g. reuse potato water).
- You need to prepare of herb salt.
- You need of ground pepper.
- You need to prepare of ground nutmeg.
- You need to prepare of or the equivalent in jarred precooked lentils.
This naturally vegan lentil shepherd's pie is made by baking stewed lentils and vegetables with a garlic chive mashed potato topping. My meatless shepherd's pie recipe is flavorfully made with normal. Jamie's vegan shepherd's pie recipe is a warm and comforting treat; topped with a root mash and breadcrumbs this vegan shepherds pie is a real crowd pleaser. This vegan shepherd's pie is what (dinner) dreams are made of!
Vegan Shepherd's Pie instructions
- Rub 27x36cm casserole with raw garlic clove, grease with vegan butter or olive oil (a spray is easiest).
- Boil lentils in 1.5 l of water for 40min (or use 2x 660g glas jars of lentils).
- Or cook lentils w/out soaking in thermomix.
- If termomix available: add 500g lentils, tbsp veggie broth powder and 1.5l water; program 100°C for 40min reverse speed 1. Done :).
- Lentils into casserole.
- Add salt & pepper to please your taste.
- Mince garlic (in tmx at speed 7), onion, carrots (tmx 5) and sautee with thyme in olive oil (tmx varoma speed 1 for 3min).
- Add garlic etc to lentils in casserole and combine everything.
- Let heat up and simmer at low temperature.
- Grind pepper over lentils if desired.
- Peal off knobbly parts of potato. I often leave a large amount of skin on because I like it. Choose what you prefer..
- Dice potatoes and start boiling salted water in pot.
- When water is boiling add the potatoes, cover with lid and set timer for 15 minutes.
- During cooking time you will need to lessen heat so potatoes don't boil over.
- Preheat 220℃ oven.
- Potatoes need to be very soft for mashing, and if done, pour out water (keep it for making cashew cream).
- Potatoes back into pot, lid on and now blend cashews with water at highest speed for 90 seconds.
- Start mashing up potatoes, add cashew cream (depending on type of potato you might not need all of the cream) and a dab of butter. Add salt, nutmeg and pepper to your taste..
- If using separate frying pan, transfer thickened lentils to casserole. Lentils are the base layer.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Into oven for 10-15 minutes until mash is a bit browned at peaks.
- If lentils are a bit liquidy you can use hot-air oven, then please turn down to 200℃.
- As I have left the peal on half of the potatoes, you can see specks of it in the baked potato crust of this just out-of-the-oven delicious shepherd's pie.
Jaye was the one who conceived of it (he's great with the savory stuff!) and he wanted to experiment with chopping up mushrooms super. This vegan shepherd's pie is the dinner recipe version of wearing a fuzzy sweater and drinking hot Know one thing: vegan shepherd's pie is not quick and easy! Though we do have hundreds of fast. The process here is not too unlike that of a traditional shepherd's pie. This delicious, savoury vegan shepherd's pie freezes very well, so make in individual portions if you prefer, or freeze the leftovers.
A great, home-cooked dish is the kind of thing everybody remember. Using these Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe to boost your food preparation is the same as an athlete that keeps training-- the a lot more you do it, the far better you get, discover as high as you can about food preparation. The even more recipe you have, the much better your meals will taste.
If you find this Vegan Shepherd's Pie recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.