If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Everyone enjoys the suggestion of sitting down to a tasty home-cooked meal, yet with today's busy schedules, it can be harder than ever before to locate the moment to place one together. Luckily, assistance is available, the Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi recipe and suggestions in this write-up will certainly aid you created healthier meals for your family members in a surprisingly, short time.
To cook Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi you only need 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
Ingredients of Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi
- Use 8 slice of of thin cut Halloumi (Greek frying/grilling cheese).
- Prepare 16 large of ready cooked prawns.
- Prepare 400 grams of blackberries.
- You need 2 large of tablespoons runny honey.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cognac or brandy.
- You need 1 tbsp of Port.
- Provide 1 of tablespoon cornflour.
- Use 2 of to 3 tablespoons water.
Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi step by step
- Put your cognac, port and honey into a small saucepan. Mix the honey with the alcohol stirring it until they have infused over heat..
- Add 200 grams of the berries and gently simmer until they pop and release their juice..
- Take the mixture of the heat and cool slightly. With a blender mix until smooth.
- With a fine sieve separate the seeds from the juice. I use the handle of a wooden spoon to stir the juice gently through the sieve. It will be thicker then just normal juice and smooth.Discard the seeds , return juice back to the pot.
- Reheat gently .Mix the cornflour with the water, add to the juice until it slightly thickens to a sauce . Take of heat . Add the rest of the berries and leave to cool..
- This mixture can be used for savouries and puddings alike. It keeps 2-3 days in fridge ..
- Heat frying pan and fry the halloumi from both sides to brown, it should not be rubbery when cooked..
- Arrange cheese as served here Iwith lettuce , prawns and the sauce. I had this as a light lunch but it could equally serve as a starter..
Cooking a scrumptious meal for your household doesn't have to indicate investing hours slaving away in the cooking area. There are several number of recipes such as Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi recipe, you can utilize to whip with each other a terrific dish in a short time, soon your family will be enjoying the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Sig's Rich Fruit Sauce with Prawns and Halloumi recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.