Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
Mostly, people have been taught to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are several foods that actually can improve your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Make a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Almonds, cashews, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and so on are all helpful for improving your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical that dictates to your brain how you feel all the time. The more of it in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Nuts, on top of elevating your mood, can be a superb protein source.
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you so you can feel better! Try a few of these tips instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dr pepper smokey pulled pork recipe. To make dr pepper smokey pulled pork you only need 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork:
- Use of Dry rub.
- You need 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Get 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of dry mustard (English).
- Prepare 2 tsp of thyme.
- You need 4 tbsp of soft dark brown sugar.
- You need of for the pork.
- Prepare 2 1/2 kg of pork, boned shoulder, skin removed.
- Prepare 1 of onion, peeled.
- Prepare 500 ml of Dr Pepper.
Steps to make Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork:
- Place all rub ingredients in a bowl or screw topped jar, mix well..
- Put pork on large plate, rub in half of spice mix, ensure even coat rubbing into any cavities. Wrap tightly in cling film, place in fridge for at least 2 hours, overnight is better!.
- Preheat oven to 150C /130C fan oven..
- Slice onion into thin wedges and place in bottom of a casserole with a tight fitting lid..
- Rub pork with remaining spice mix, place pork on top of onions, pour in Dr Pepper, put on lid..
- Place in oven and cook for 5 hours, turning after 2 & 4 hours..
- Remove pork from pan and check if cooked and shreds easily, if not return to oven for further hour..
- Allow pork to rest,covered in foil, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile skim fat from cooking liquor, at this point you can remove onion if not using later. Put liquor in a pan, boil and reduce by half..
- Shred the pork with two forks, removing any fat and gristle..
- Return pork to pan, add cooking liquor (& onions if using) and heat through..
- If you don't have smoked paprika, use paprika and add 1 -2 teaspoons liquid smoke at step 5, (adjust amount to your own taste).
- Serve in warm rolls or wraps with coleslaw and / or salad. You can add your favourite barbecue sauce, but this recipe is moist and spicy enough.
- You can cook this recipe in a slow cooker(crockpot) on low for 6 -8 hours or high for 3-4. then follow steps 7 to 13..
- You can substitute your favourite Cola drink in place of Dr Pepper..
We'll show you how to make it at home. BBQ Pulled Pork Pineapple & Banana Pepper Pizza. Pour in canned chipotle chiles, brown sugar and Dr. I'm planning to do some pulled pork over this weekend, and I've been looking for recipes, and I'm very surprised the "standard" one uses Dr Pepper (or Coke). I'm not really used to cook with that and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
If you find this Dr Pepper smokey pulled pork recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.