Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood.
A lot of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly nutritious and good for us to consume. There are several foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you fight depression. Just make sure that you do not toss the yolk. Every time you want to cheer yourself up, the yolk is the most vital part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolks in particular, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can truly help you raise your mood. This is because the B vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–function better. Try to eat an egg and feel a lot better!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lee's hickory smoked pulled pork recipe. To make lee's hickory smoked pulled pork you only need 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork:
- You need 1 of (5-8 lb) bone in pork shoulder (Butt).
- Use as needed of Your favorite rub.
- Prepare as needed of Prepared yellow mustard.
- Use as needed of Hickory chips.
- Use as needed of Apple juice.
Steps to make Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork:
- Liberally coat your pork shoulder with your rub and then apply a liberal coat of yellow mustard. Put in refrigerator uncovered for at least 12 hours..
- Prepare smoker or grill. Soak hickory chips in hot water for at least 30 minutes. I like my smoker to be between 225-250 degrees..
- Smoke pork shoulder for 2-3 hours with a nice constant smoke. I usually will flip over once. I'm not trying to cook at this point, just smoke..
- When done smoking put pork shoulder in a large roasting pan. Add enough apple cider to come up around 1/2" along the side of your pan. This will become your sauce. Cover with a lid and cook at 225 degrees. This will take some time. For a 7-8 pound shoulder you can figure around 7 hours. I promise you it is worth your time..
- Pork shoulder will be done when you can easily pull out the bone. Refer to picture..
- When cool enough to handle, shred with two forks, your hands or a knife. Season the meat with your rub as you go. Use the sauce left in your pan to moisten the meat. Feeds a crowd. Freezes well. Have fun. Enjoy. Message me with any questions you might have..
If you find this Lee's Hickory Smoked Pulled Pork recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.