Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Easy Pork & Salsa Stew recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Easy Pork & Salsa Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Pork & Salsa Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make You Happy.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to think that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and need to be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that basically can raise your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Make a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be raised by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because these foods are loaded with magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin production. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that dictates to your brain how you feel at all times. The more you have of it, the happier you will feel. Not only that, nuts, specifically, are a terrific protein food source.
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try these suggestions instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy pork & salsa stew recipe. You can cook easy pork & salsa stew using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Easy Pork & Salsa Stew:
- You need 1.5 pounds of pork shoulder, cut into 1.5" cubes & tossed with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of oil.
- Get half of a red bell pepper, cut into roughly 1/3" wide slices (see pics).
- Take 1 of small onion, cut into roughly 1/3" wide slices (about half a regular sized onion).
- Prepare 1 of tomato, cut into eighths.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (keeping it easy… 😉 ).
- Provide 1/4-1/3 cup of whatever homemade or storebought salsa you've got on hand.
- Get 1 cup of unsalted stock (can be chicken, pork, veg, or even water if you don't have stock).
- Get of another 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to add to the stew, depending on how salty the salsa you use. Start with 1/4 teaspoon.
Instructions to make Easy Pork & Salsa Stew:
- Sear the pork in 1 Tablespoon of oil in a preheated medium high heat pot for about 2 minutes per side..
- Add in your onions, garlic, bell pepper, and tomato, and saute for 2 or 3 minutes until the onions begin to turn translucent..
- Add in the 1 cup stock, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, and salsa and stir thoroughly to distribute ingredients and seasonings evenly..
- Still on medium high heat, bring the stew to a boil, and once up to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, covered (but with about a 1/2" inch opening on the side), for 20 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times during the process to redistribute everything..
- Uncover the pot and simmer another 15 to 20 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times, and adjusting the salt in the seasoning when you have 10 minutes left to go..
- Enjoy! :).
A good pork chop doesn't require much in the way of seasoning so I've kept things super simple in this recipe. This easy pork chop recipe has the wonderful taste of bistek tagalog — less the beef, and it is simple to the point that a person new to cooking can follow the recipe with ease. When it comes to easy dinners, we tend to reach for a few familiar staples over and over again (ahem, boneless chicken But there's another terrific option for quick, healthy and delicious meals: pork. Jump to the Easy Roasted Pork Tenderloin Recipe or watch our quick recipe video showing you how we make it. Pork tenderloin is lean and has almost no fat.
If you find this Easy Pork & Salsa Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.