Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Elevate Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been trained to believe that “comfort” foods are terrible for the body and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this can be true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be super nourishing and good for you. There are a number of foods that really can raise your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Green tea is wonderful for moods. You were sure green tea had to be in this article somewhere, right? Green tea is loaded with a specific amino acid referred to as L-theanine. Research has found that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This helps sharpen your mental energy while at the same time calming your body. You probably already knew how easy it is to become healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know that green tea can elevate your mood too!
Now you realize that junk food isn’t necessarily what you should eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon cheddar broccoli soup recipe. You can have bacon cheddar broccoli soup using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- Provide 3 ounces of butter.
- Provide 3 ounces of flour by weight.
- Use 1 pound of broccoli flowerets — rough chopped.
- Take 4 cloves of garlic- finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 of of red bell pepper — small diced.
- Provide 1 cup of Sweet onion — small diced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Provide 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 8 ounces of half and half.
- Prepare 1 cup of cheddar cheese – shredded.
- Get 5 slices of bacon cooked and diced fine.
Steps to make Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- Over a medium heat add the butter then the flour and stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes to make a white roux. (This will thicken the soup) Set aside..
- Simmer the broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, onions and seasoning in chicken stock until tender. About 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the white roux until incorporated, stir and simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Puree the soup with hand blender, food processor or blender; start off slow so that you do not burn yourself..
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese and half and half until melted..
- Add in the chopped bacon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
Is there anything more hearty, cheesy and perfect than Broccoli Cheddar soup? Broccoli Cheddar Soup is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a soup of pureed broccoli and broth with cheese. Although it's pureed, it does still have some texture in it from small bits of broccoli, which is very welcome. There are a few keys to making this soup really special Unlike some broccoli cheddar soups, my Broccoli Cheddar Soup doesn't use heavy cream and is ever so slightly lighter on the cheese, so you still Most of my soup recipes are big batch so you can freeze the leftovers and stock your freezer with all that goodness, but this Broccoli Cheddar Soup is. Easy Broccoli Cheddar Soup with Bacon – Savory Tooth.
If you find this Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.