Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Improve Your Mood.
Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we ought to keep away from them. Often, if the comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods actually do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were just waiting to read that in this article, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proven that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will better your brain’s concentration while simultaneously relaxing the rest of your body. You already knew green tea could help you become healthier. And now you know it can help you be happier also!
As you can see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. To make broccoli cheese soup you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- Use 1 small of onion, chopped.
- Take 1 of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Get 2 of celery stalks, diced.
- Provide 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Take 2 head of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- Get 1/3 cup of cornstarch.
- Use 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/8 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need pinch of nutmeg.
- You need 8 oz of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- Get 1/2 tsp of salt.
Steps to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
Broccoli cheese soup, in case you needed reminding, is going to bring several good things into your life: a delicate start of butter and garlic and onions, a silky-smooth soup base, little bite-sized bits of. In the world of cheaty foods, broccoli cheese soup has always seemed like one of the cheatiest. There's nothing wrong with owning it: Cheese is delicious, and not every single lunch has to be virtuous. I put potatoes and chicken in it one time to experiment and it was delicious! This soup is good I'm so many ways!
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.