Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
Most of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this might be true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods actually do improve your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try some of these.
If you would like to overcome depression, try consuming some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all chock-full of omega-3 and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that really help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression.
So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli blue cheese soup recipe. You can have broccoli blue cheese soup using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Get of Ingredients.
- Take 2 of cube (or tsp) chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/2 pinch of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 pinch of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cajun seasoning or cayenne pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- Use 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need 60 grams of blue cheese.
- Use 1/2 of carrot or parsnip.
- Get 30 grams of butter.
- Use 150 ml of heavy cream.
- Get 4 cup of hot water.
- You need 1 head of Broccoli (or 2).
- Use 1/2 cup of dried potato flakes.
Instructions to make Broccoli blue cheese soup:
- Wash and Cut the broccoli head and carrot or parsnip finely.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan and add the carrot finely chopped until butter begins to Brown.
- Add finely chopped broccoli head and 2 cups water. I like to cut the outer 'skin' off the stalk and add the soft part off the stalk finely chopped also, but leave it out if you want. Feed the scraps to your rabbit if you have one..
- Add a generous amount of pepper and the chicken stock. add the wheat flour.
- Bring to boil for 10 minutes and use a potato masher to mush things up a bit. This step determines the texture of your soup so leave it boiling longer for a thicker smooth soup our shorter for a crunchy thinner soup..
- Add the rest of water and corn flour, add spices and reduce heat..
- Once it's on a gentle simmer to avoid splitting, add cream and blue cheese..
- Add remaining seasoning and potato flakes. Taste the soup to see if anything is missing for your preferences..
- This should easily feed 2 hungry people. Double the recipe for left-overs to freeze or have up to 2 days later (the taste will get stronger)..
- Hopefully your wonderful wife is just pulling the flatbread out of the oven about now (mine sure was). Serve and enjoy.
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat. This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is SO satisfying! It's loaded with fresh broccoli, and creamy thanks to a potato and cheddar cheese (no cream, no flour!). I have high standards for broccoli cheese soup.
If you find this Broccoli blue cheese soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.