Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Information on How to Boost Your Mood with Food.
For the most part, people have been conditioned to believe that “comfort” foods are not good for the body and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are some foods that actually can boost your moods when you consume them. When you are feeling a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out a couple of these.
Green tea is truly good for your mood. You were just waiting to read that here, weren’t you? Green tea is rich in a certain amino acid called L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid stimulates the production of brain waves. This will improve your brain’s concentration while at the same calming the rest of your body. You knew green tea could help you feel healthier. Now you are aware that it helps you to raise your moods also!
So you see, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Go with these suggestions instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to healthy broccoli and blue cheese soup! recipe. You can have healthy broccoli and blue cheese soup! using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!:
- Provide 1 of broccoli head.
- Use 2 of celery sticks.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Use 1 litre of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Get 100 g of Blue cheese or stilton.
- Get of Black pepper to season.
Instructions to make Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup!:
- Peel the garlic, trim and roughly chop the celery and broccoli..
- Heat a splash of oil in a pan, then soften the garlic, onion, and celery for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and soften for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you have pre made stock, then great! I don’t so I will use 1 litre of HOT water, 2 chicken stock and 1 vegetable stock cube. Add the cubes to the water and make sure they dissolve.
- Add the stock to the pan, season with black pepper and cover and leave to simmer until broccoli is cooked. (Approx 15 minutes).
- Carefully pour the contents into a food processor and blend until smooth TOP TIP – don’t try to tip the soup directly from the pan as it goes EVERYWHERE. Use a ladle…. it’s much easier!!!.
- Stir in your crumbled cheese, allowing a few lumps to remain. I have used 100g but if you want a stronger flavour, add more. Season with black pepper and salt (remember the stock already contains salt) according to your tastes and serve..
The creator of this creamy soup—Sunset reader Amy Bentley, of Scottsdale, Arizona—suggests using an American blue cheese; we especially like it with Point Reyes Original Blue. Any blue cheese will work here. We sampled raw milk cheeses in Britain. Stichelton, in particular, is a raw milk cheese that gives Stilton a run for its money. In a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
If you find this Healthy Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup! recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.