Once you recognize the basics of cooking, it can be such a freeing as well as compensating experience to develop a merely delicious meal or baked item. The scents in your home and the faces of individuals who you share it with are priceless. We hope this Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 2 recipe will certainly give you some idea for you to become an amazing cook.
Damp paper towel and a plastic bag can extend the life of your environment-friendlies. If you wrap your fresh herbs or fresh eco-friendlies with a moist paper towel and afterwards place them in a plastic bag, they will certainly last much longer. They will generally stay fresh three to four days longer if you do.
To cook Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 2 you need 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 2:
- You need to prepare 550 g all purpose flour (plus more for kneading).
- Use 1 tsp salt.
- Use 1 tsp sugar.
- You need 1 tsp baking powder.
- You need 2 tbsp vinegar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp olive oil or sunflower oil.
- You need to prepare 300 ml water warm.
- Prepare 150 g margarine butter melted or (for brushing).
Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 2 step by step :
- In a bowl whisk flour, sugar, salt and the baking powder..
- Add vinegar and water, all at once. Stir with a wooden spoon..
- Add the olive oil and start mixing..
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 15-20 min. The dough should now be soft and smooth..
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a clean cotton towel and let it rest for 20 min..
- Cut the dough in half. Cover the second piece of dough to avoid skin forming..
- Take the other piece, flatten it a bit, sprinkle with flour and start rolling out a round sheet 50cm / 19.6" in diameter..
- Brush with melted margarine..
- With your finger, "draw" a circle-20cm / 8" in diameter-in the center of the sheet..
- With a pizza cutter or a knife, cut the sheet into 8 pieces, starting from the circumference of the inner circle towards the outer edge of the sheet; it should look like the sun..
- Fold the pieces towards the center, one above the other, creating layers..
- Wrap it with food membrane and place it in the fridge for an hour to chill. Do the same for the other piece of dough..
- After one hour, repeat the process once more for both pastry sheets..
- The sheets are now ready for use, but the process can be repeated up to 5 times!.
- If you're going to use them the same day, put them in the fridge for 2-3 hours until firm. Otherwise, store them in the fridge maximum for a week or in the freezer up to 3 months..
Since you have actually gotten to the end of this Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 2 recipe, now trying out recipes as well as implement it and enjoy. You never ever know - you simply may have discovered a brand-new vocation.
If you find this Greek phyllo pastry sheets for savoury pies, version 2 recipe valuable please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.