Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that give You Energy.
We all know that consuming healthy meals can help us feel better within our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a portion of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a difficult task because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Try eating almonds if you do not are afflicted by nut allergies. Almonds are often considered a super food because they are packed full of things which help boost our vigor while keeping us healthy. Several minerals and vitamins are located in these wonderful nuts. They actually do, however, come with tryptophan-the same enzyme that renders you tired after eating turkey. But once you eat almonds, you won’t feel like you must sleep a while. Alternatively, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds often give a general increased feeling of well-being.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe. You can have mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous!:
- Take 1 of Whole red pepper (200g).
- You need 1 of Whole aubergine (200g).
- Take of Approx 12 Cherry tomatoes (200g).
- Use 1 of large red onion (175g).
- You need 2 of chicken breasts (300g).
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of table spoons of harissa (pesto of preferred).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- Get 150 g of giant wholewheat couscous.
- You need 1 of chicken stock cube.
- You need 12 g of pumpkin seeds.
- Get 45 g of feta cheese.
- Provide of Balsamic glaze.
Instructions to make Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous!:
- Firstly preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius, chop the vegetables to be roasted, into large chunks, pepper, onion, courgette and aubergine. (Leave some onion to go with the chicken – 3 pieces) Drizzle with olive oil and season according to taste. I used salt, pepper and garlic powder. These need to be cooked for 45 mins at 170 degrees..
- The next thing to prepare is the chicken, place the breasts in an ovenproof dish, with the left over onion chunks and the garlic cloves (peeled and crushed). Spoon the harissa (if you aren’t keen on spice, use red pesto!) onto the chicken breasts and drizzle a little olive oil on the onion and garlic, place in the oven for ten minutes initially, before covering with foil..
- Next to prepare the tomatoes as they only take 25 mins to roast, put them onto an oven proof dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in the oven. When doing this, check on the other roasting vegetables and turn them if necessary. If the chicken has been in 10 mins – add half a stock cube and 150ml of boiling water and cover with foil. This is to prevent the chicken from drying out..
- Once everything is in the oven, keep an eye on it all. The chicken will need 10 mins uncovered, then 20 covered then 10 uncovered again. The other vegetables just continue roasting for 45 mins and the tomatoes shorter..
- After about 30 mins, weigh out the giant cous cous and use the second half of the stock cube to simmer the cous cous in. (Follow the instructions on the cous cous packet, they are all a little different) bring the stock to the boil, add the cous cous and simmer for as long as directed..
- Everything should begin to look like it’s almost done, when the chicken has been in 40 mins, cut through and check the juices are running clear. If so, leave to stand. Then remove the tomatoes as they should be done. When the cous cous is softened, drain it..
- Now you can begin to assemble the dish, I started with the giant cous cous..
- Then added the roasted vegetables, the tomatoes and the chicken. I then took the juices from the chicken dish (It’s a mixture of harissa and stock – very tasty!) and spooned it all over the dish..
- I then added the crumbled feta, some balsamic glaze and topped with pumpkin seeds for added texture. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Mediterranean roast chicken and vegetables with cous cous! recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.