Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Homemade Tortilla Chips recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Homemade Tortilla Chips recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Learn How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are terrible and are to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nourishing and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that really can improve your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
If you want to defeat depression, try eating some cold water fish. Tuna, trout, mackerel, herring and wild salmon are all rich in omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. DHA and omega-3s are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s gray matter. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously elevate your mood.
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try a few of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to homemade tortilla chips recipe. You can have homemade tortilla chips using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Take 50 grams of White flour.
- Take 150 grams of Corn grits or polenta meal (cornmeal).
- Get 100 ml of Boiling hot water.
- Get 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Use 1 of Avocado.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Rock salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Jalapeño pepper (or green chile peppers).
- You need 1/2 of Lime.
- Take 2 tbsp of Creme fraiche, yoghurt, or sour cream.
- You need 1 of Store-bought salsa for tacos (or tomato chili sauce).
- Prepare 1 of enough to deep-fry the chips Olive oil or vegetable oil.
Instructions to make Homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Combine the corn grits, flour, and olive oil in a bowl. Add the hot water and mix well. Cover with a tightly wrung moistened paper towel and set aside for 10 minutes..
- Chop the avocado into fine pieces, and mix together with the crushed garlic, finely chopped jalapeño pepper, lemon juice, and creme fraiche. Chill in the refrigerator..
- Roll the tortilla mix from Step 1 into 3 to 4 cm diameter balls, and press them flat. You don't need a rolling pin for this. You can also sandwich the balls between sheets of parchment paper and press them flat over the paper..
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the tortilla chips over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. If you're frying up store-bought corn tortillas, they cook up in just a minute..
- Drain the oil on paper towels. Add salt to taste. Serve with the avocado dip from Step 2 and tomato chili sauce..
- You can mix the dips or serve them separately, whichever you prefer..
- Place the tortilla mix on piece of parchment paper, and place another sheet of paper on top. Roll over the paper with a rolling pin to flatten the chips. If you cut them out using a ring or a cup, the chips will be neatly rounded..
- You can also make your own salsa with tomatoes, chili, and salt..
- I also recommend making nachos with any leftover tortilla chips. Top with. Serve them with guacamole, tomatoes, and cheese!.
This recipe is sponsored by the United Soybean Board through. These Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips are fast, easy, super crunchy, a great way to Oven Baked Tortilla Chips. What Kind of Tortillas Do I Need? Most national brands of store-bought chips are too thin for nachos, turning soggy soon after topping. To solve this problem, we start by frying our own chips from fresh corn tortillas.
If you find this Homemade Tortilla Chips recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.