If you're looking for Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
There are numerous sources of information on cooking. Some information is tailored towards knowledgeable chefs and also except the ordinary individual. It can be puzzling to wade through every one of the offered details. Thankfully, this Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) recipe is easy to do and will certainly give you some wonderful suggestions. They will certainly help any individual, also an amateur.
To cook Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) you need 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard)
- Use 1 of Egg.
- Provide 180 ml of water.
- Prepare 2 inch of x 2 inch piece kombu/dried kelp.
- Provide 1 handful of Katsuobushi.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Usukuchi/light colored and salty soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need to prepare 2 of small pieces boiled chicken.
- Use 2 of small pieces mochi.
- Use 2 of small pieces KAMABOKO fish cake.
- Provide 2 of small pieces Shiitake Mushroom.
- Use 2 of small pieces YURINE and NAMAFU, only If you find at grocery.
- You need to prepare 2 of small pieces boiled shrimp.
- Prepare to taste of Yuzu peel.
- You need to prepare 2 of MITSUBA leaves.
Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) step by step
- First, let's make Japanese dashi soup stock! Soak kombu in the water at least 30 minutes. Place the pot on low to medium heat..
- Right before the water boils, remove the kombu. Turn off the heat, and add the Katsuobushi. Let it set until Katsuobushi sinks..
- Strain the stock through a strainer with paper towel. Look at this golden color!! Let it cool..
- Preheat a steamer on high heat..
- Cut the solid ingredients into small pieces. Dip the chicken and shrimp into the soy sauce..
- Mix dashi, soy sauce and salt in a bowl. Taste it and if you feel that it's just like a soup, it's perfect! Adjust taste if needed..
- Beat the egg and add the dashi mixture to the egg. Strain it with a strainer..
- Place the solid ingredients in a small cup or a ramekins..
- Pour the egg mixture to fill 3/4 of cup and cover the cup..
- Reduce steamer heat to low. Place cups into the steamer. Cover and steam for about 10 minutes or until it is firm like silky tofu..
- Garnish each cup with a YUZU peel and MITSUBA leaf..
- You may also make Chawan-mushi with a microwave instead of a steamer. Pour hot water into a deep pyrex dish (or a heat resistant dish) for the water bath. Microwave in the water bath for 2 to 5 minutes..
- The time depends on your microwave power and the width of the cup. Please be careful not to overdo it. You may need to extend the cooking time by another 15 sec or so. Otherwise, You'll make a big mess... Take it slow!.
Now that you have actually reached completion of this Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) recipe, now try out recipes and also execute it and delight in. You never ever understand - you just may have located a new job.
If you find this Chawan-Mushi (Japanese Egg Custard) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.