Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Lasagna Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lasagna Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we have to keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are some foods that basically can boost your moods when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, try a few of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be really wonderful at beating back depression. You must see to it, however, that what you make includes the egg yolk. The yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping you cheer up. Eggs, especially the yolks, are full of B vitamins. B vitamins can be fantastic for lifting up your mood. This is because they help improve the function of your neural transmitters, the components of your brain that control your mood. Consume an egg and cheer up!
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Go with these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lasagna casserole recipe. You can have lasagna casserole using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lasagna Casserole:
- Take 16 oz of uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too.
- Prepare 2 cups of or so Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, if your meat lacks fat.
- Get 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- You need 3-4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Prepare 44 oz of jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar.
- You need 6 oz of can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor).
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Get 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness).
- Provide Pinch of sugar to bring flavors together.
- You need of Cheese filling layer.
- Prepare 24 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best).
- Use 2 of eggs.
- Get 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Use 1/2 tsp of pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground).
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Use 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
Instructions to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside..
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn't scorch..
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese..
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole..
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!.
This is an easy weeknight meal that's kid-friendly. This EASY lasagna casserole recipe is cheesy and oh so yummy! Quick and easy lasagna casserole is the best dinner for busy nights. Lasagna Casserole has all the elements of the traditional lasagna. It has the noodles, the meat, the cheese, and the sauce but the process is quick and easy!
If you find this Lasagna Casserole recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.