Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Hot Chocolate recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Chocolate recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Can Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are not good and should be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is candy or some other junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely healthy and good for you. There are several foods that really can improve your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
If you want to overcome depression, try eating some cold water fish. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, etcetera, they’re all loaded with omega-3 fatty acids and DHA. These are two substances that increase the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can really help you fight your depression.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot chocolate recipe. You can cook hot chocolate using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hot Chocolate:
- Use 1 cup of full cream milk.
- Take 1 cup of cream.
- You need 4 tsp of milk powder.
- Prepare 6 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Provide 1/4 bar of dark chocolate.
- Get 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Take 4 tsp of Nutella(optional).
- You need 1 inch of cinnamon stick(optional).
- Use 1 pinch of salt.
- You need as needed of Sugar(if you’re not adding Nutella).
Instructions to make Hot Chocolate:
- In a saucepan, combine milk, milk powder and cream and warm it up on low heat. Put in the cinnamon stick for it to release some flavour..
- Add bits of dark chocolate(the more the cocoa content, the darker it’ll get) and cocoa powder in a bowl, and add in one tablespoon of the hot milk in the saucepan to it. Mix with a whisk and ensure that there are no lumps..
- Now slowly pour the contents of the bowl into the saucepan and keep stirring..
- Add the vanilla and you’ll gradually see that the mixture will start to thicken. That’s because of the milk powder and cocoa powder. However, if it is not thick enough as per your choice, then in a separate bowl, mix 1/2 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp water and then add this to the saucepan. This will thicken it immediately..
- After simmering for around 10 minutes, you can remove the cinnamon stick..
- Add Nutella to the saucepan now. This is what I used as the sweetener. However, if unavailable, simply replace it with 3-4 tsp of regular white sugar..
- Add a tiny pinch of salt to the mixture and you’re rich, creamy and delicious hot chocolate is ready to serve. Top it up with some marshmallows or with s’mores, or enjoy it as it is..
- Pro-Tip: I chose to get a hint of cinnamon in the hot chocolate but you can easily replace it with star anise and it’ll taste equally good. If you have an adventurous palate, then I’the recommend adding a bit of ginger and/or red chilli powder(a very tiny pinch). You can spike it up, too, with either Baileys or rum..
If you find this Hot Chocolate recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.