If you are having difficulty recently in the kitchen when it involves obtaining your food ideal, you are not the only one. Lots of people have all-natural cooking skill yet not quite sufficient know-how to cook with excellence. This Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake dish is a good start, very easy to cook and also delicious.
If you are cooking for a person essential, such as a brand-new boss or for a supper party, don't use a brand-new recipe and also a brand-new component. Ensure you exercise the recipe first for your own family. Play around with it to ensure it is exactly how you want it.
To cook Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake you need 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake:
- You need to prepare 400 g pasta shapes, eg fusilli.
- Prepare 1 tbsp rapeseed oil.
- You need 2 leeks, sliced.
- Use 2 chillies, red or green, chopped with seeds.
- Provide 4 cloves garlic, chopped.
- You need 50 g butter.
- You need to prepare 50 g plain flour.
- You need 600 ml milk.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp Dijon mustard.
- Use 250 g cheddar cheese, grated.
- Provide Salt.
- Use Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 3 x 180g tins tuna in spring water, drained.
- You need to prepare 150 g frozen peas, defrosted.
- Use 1 tbsp capers.
- Provide Handful parsley, chopped.
Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake instructions :
- Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark 4 or electric equivalent, probably 200C or 180C fan. 160C on Circotherm..
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the leeks, garlic and chillies, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until cooked. Then remove from heat and place in a mixing bowl..
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water according to instructions to the al dente point, drain it in a colander and add to the mixing bowl, stirring together with the leek mixture..
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on a moderate heat, then slowly stir in the flour. Cook for 1 minute, stirring gently..
- Gradually but not too cautiously stir in the milk and continue cooking until you have a thick white sauce. Remove from heat..
- Stir in the mustard and 200-225 g of the cheese. Taste and season as required..
- Add the tuna, peas, capers and parsley to the mixing bowl and pour the white sauce on top. Shake or gently stir to mix all the ingredients together..
- Transfer everything to a lasagne or similar dish and sprinkle on the remaining grated cheese, to cover evenly..
- Cook in pre-heated oven until top is golden-brown - 20-30 minutes. Sprinkle on a little more chopped parsley if wished and serve piping hot..
Cooking a delicious meal for your family does not need to indicate investing hrs slaving away in the kitchen. There are many variety of recipes such as Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake recipe, you can utilize to whip with each other an excellent dish in a short time, quickly your family will be appreciating the fruits of your labors.
If you find this Tuna & Leek Pasta Bake recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.