Looking for the perfect Leek and Courgette Filo Pie recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Leek and Courgette Filo Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Whether you are a college student simply beginning your own cooking experiments or a seasoned chef with lots of supper events under your belt, there is constantly something new to learn about cooking. We hope these Leek and Courgette Filo Pie recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen area tonight, and get used to amazing home-cooked meals.
You can cook Leek and Courgette Filo Pie using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek and Courgette Filo Pie
- You need to prepare 250 grams of filo pastry (one packet).
- Use 130 grams of unsalted butter or margarine.
- Use 600 grams of courgettes finely chopped (3 large courgettes).
- Prepare 2 of large leeks.
- Use 4 of medium eggs.
- Use 250 grams of feta cheese.
- Use 150 grams of mature cheddar cheese.
Leek and Courgette Filo Pie step by step
- Cook the chopped courgettes and leeks. Fry them gently in a little oil and let them sweat for 10 minutes. Alternatively cook in the oven with a little oil until soft. Add a little salt and pepper and let them cool. Squeeze out as much water as possible..
- Grease an oblong baking dish. I used a 26 cm by 22 cm dish. Reverse the baking dish and cut the filo pastry sheets to fit the size of that dish - it will make it easier to handle the pastry sheets. Melt the butter..
- Roughly divide the filo pastry into 3. Lay the first sheet on the bottom of the dish and brush throughly with the melted butter. Continue the same process with the rest of the first stack of sheets making sure very sheet is well brushed with butter. Scatter the courgette and leek mix over the top..
- Continue with the second stack of filo pastry sheets, again making sure that you brush every sheet with melted butter before adding the next one. When you have used up the second stack, spread the 4 beaten medium eggs over the dish and scatter the feta cheese. Add roughly 100 grated mature cheese..
- Use the third stack of filo pastry sheets as before, Finally brush the top with more melted butter and scatter the rest of the grated cheese. Cut the filo pastry into 16 squares before you put it in the oven. Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes..
There is constantly something brand-new to find out when it comes to food preparation and also every chef's skill-set is open to enhancement. This Leek and Courgette Filo Pie recipe is just a few recipe concepts to help boost your cook's efficiency. There are many more excellent recipes around and also good chefs maintain seeking them throughout their lives. Consistent knowing is the essential to ever-improving food preparation skills.
If you find this Leek and Courgette Filo Pie recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.