Wish to be a much better chef? Who does not! Looking for some new, enjoyable, and intriguing food selection ideas? That isn't! The need to prepare much better meals as well as try brand-new recipes is something most of us wish to do. Shepherd's Pie recipe possibly the one you are looking for.
When you are going to the store, do not always have a large wish list which can restrain you to simply obtaining specific products. See what you such as as well as what you remain in the mood for as well as purchase based upon that. This will give you the spontaneity to cook whatever you select.
You can have Shepherd's Pie using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie:
- You need to prepare 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 pound ground beef.
- Use Large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 each red, yellow, green pepper diced.
- You need to prepare 2 Tbs each rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- Provide 1 Tbs each onion and garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup AP flour.
- Use 2 cups low sodium beef stock.
- You need to prepare 1/2 cup milk (I used almond).
- Prepare 1 stick unsalted butter.
- You need 1 lb bag frozen corn.
- You need to taste S&P.
Shepherd's Pie step by step :
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers.
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent.
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash..
- In a greased deep 9x13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted..
Since you have actually reviewed the Shepherd's Pie recipe, and also you have the expertise that you need to execute in the kitchen area. Get that apron out, dust off your blending bowls and also roll up your sleeves. You have some cooking to do.
If you find this Shepherd's Pie recipe helpful please SHARE it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.