Many individuals enjoy cooking and think it makes the ideal relaxing hobby. A kitchen that is full of fresh food that smells tasty is specific to make any person's state of mind a bit lighter. It can in some cases seem hard, however, to determine recipes that work for you or advice that brings about an ultimately effective meal. Maybe this Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie recipe is the one you are searching for.
Among the greatest things that you can do is to cook with member of the family or close friends. When you prepare with somebody else, you will certainly be able to pick up on methods that they carry out and also will certainly have the ability to far better yourself as a cook. Talk to them to see just how their mind works, to boost your know-how.
You can cook Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie:
- Use 1 small sour cream.
- You need 3 each cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 cup chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 packages frozen peas or you can use fresh, your choice.
- Use 1 packages fresh baby carrots chopped up.
- Prepare 2 each i use canned diced potatoes, but if you are feeling it, by all means, cut up some potatoes yourself.
- Prepare 1 * don't forget to drop all your cut up potatoes into cold water to avoid browning.
- Prepare 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need to prepare 1 bottle of italian dressing.
- You need salt and pepper.
- You need 1/2 stick parkay butter.
- Provide 3/4 cup pet milk.
- Prepare 1 *or you can use milk.
- Prepare 2 packages pilsbury ready made pie crusts (in a box near canned biscuits in the store)(it takes 2 boxes with 2 crust in each box).
- Use 1 pam nonstick cooking spray.
- You need 1 *you will need at least a 13×9 dish to cook this in, it feeds alot of people.
Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie step by step :
- Start the night before you prepare this and wash and then marinade your chicken with the Italian dressing and salt and pepper then throw it the frige till you cook the next day..
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Cook chicken with the Italian dressing poured all over it until done.
- while chicken cooks, add 1/2 bag of peas, carrots, potatoes, cream of chicken soup, chicken broth, two big spoonfuls of sour cream all in a large pot.
- Also add milk, butter, salt and pepper at this time..
- Heat this all up to a boil, stirring frequently, boil long enough to heat it all up and then turn it down and keep it warm..
- Next after you cook your chicken, cut it all up to your desired size. I like nice, at least in inch size peices.
- After you take the chicken out of the oven, go by the directions on the box and spray your dish well with pam, line your.dish with 2 of the crusts, use a fork and make some holes in the dough to avoid big air bubbles (and let crust hang over the edges of your dish).
- Add the chicken to your mixture and stir it all up good. Let it simmer while your crusts cook.
- Next pour mixture into your dish over the cooked crust.
- Open the other box of 2 pie crust, and lay it across the top of the entire dish. Again, allow your crusts to overlay the edges of the dish all the way around, and polk a few fork holes in those crust and put entire dish back in the oven and cook on about 400° until crust is golden brown.
- **I almost forgot, I like to brush an egg wash over the crust, it makes it look and taste better**.
You do not require to be a pro to prepare a fantastic dish. There are numerous recipes that look tough and also frustrating, however remain in fact, quite simple one of it is Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie recipe. We hope, this recipe has actually instilled some self-confidence in you for the next time you remain in the kitchen.
If you find this Nickie's homemade chicken pot pie recipe valuable please SHARE it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.