Are you a cooking master? Possibly you are simply a kitchen area expert? Or like numerous others, you may be a newbie.Whatever the case may be, helpful cooking recommendations can add some fresh suggestions to your cooking. Take some time and also discover a couple of things that can splash some brand-new enjoyable into your kitchen regimen. This Shepherd's Pie recipe maybe a perfect fit for you.
If you are cooking for a person vital, such as a new employer or for a supper celebration, do not make use of a brand-new dish as well as a new active ingredient. Make certain you exercise the dish initially for your own family members. Experiment with it to see to it it is just how you desire it.
You can have Shepherd's Pie using 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Check out this cooking video !!
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie:
- You need 1.5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- You need to prepare 1/4 cup half & half.
- Provide 2 tablespoons butter.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1 egg yolk.
- Provide 2 tablespoons canola oil.
- Use 1 small onion, diced (about one cup).
- You need 2-3 carrots, peeled, diced (1 cup).
- Prepare 2 large cloves garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb (traditional) or ground beef.
- Use 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper.
- Use 3 tablespoons flour.
- Use 2 tablespoons tomato paste.
- Use 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce.
- You need to prepare 1 1/2 cup beef broth.
- Provide 1 tablespoon ea. Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme leaves.
- You need to prepare Kernels cut from 2 ears corn (1 cup).
- You need 1 cup frozen peas.
Shepherd's Pie instructions :
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch dice. Place in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Set over high heat, cover and bring to a boil. Once boiling, uncover, decrease the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until tender and easily crushed with tongs, approximately 10 to 15 minutes..
- Place the half-and-half and butter into a microwave-safe container and heat in the microwave until warmed through, about 35 seconds. Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to the saucepan. Mash the potatoes and then add the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and continue to mash until smooth. Stir in the yolk until well combined. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F..
- While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the filling. Place the canola oil into a 12-inch saute pan and set over medium high heat. Once the oil shimmers, add the onion and carrots and saute just until they begin to take on color, approximately 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and stir to combine. Add the lamb, salt and pepper and cook until browned and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes. Sprinkle the meat with the flour and toss to coat, continuing to cook for another minute..
- Add the tomato paste, beef broth, Worcestershire, rosemary, thyme, and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer slowly 10 to 12 minutes or until the sauce is thickened slightly. Add the corn and peas to the lamb mixture and spread evenly into an 11 by 7-inch glass baking dish. Top with the mashed potatoes, starting around the edges to create a seal to prevent the mixture from bubbling up and smooth with a rubber spatula..
- Place on a cookie sheet on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 25 minutes or just until the potatoes begin to brown. Remove to a cooling rack for at least 15 minutes before serving..
There are couple of hobbies as satisfying also fulfilling as cooking. Not only can you flex your innovative muscles, you can likewise supply delicious dishes for your family members. Broadening your understanding of cooking is specific to improve your time in the kitchen area. Trying Shepherd's Pie recipe is a remarkable means to do just that.
If you find this Shepherd's Pie recipe valuable please SHARE it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.