Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Chocolate Ganache Wafers recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chocolate Ganache Wafers recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chocolate Ganache Wafers recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we must avoid them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is candy or another junk food, this is very true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. Several foods actually do raise your mood when you eat them. If you are feeling a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Make a trail mixout of a variety of seeds and nuts. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and other types of nuts. This is because seeds and nuts have a lot of magnesium which boosts your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is known as the “feel good” substance that our body produces and it tells your brain how you should be feeling day in and day out. The higher your levels of serotonin, the better you are going to feel. Not only that but nuts, specifically, are a great protein source.
As you can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Test out these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chocolate ganache wafers recipe. You can cook chocolate ganache wafers using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chocolate Ganache Wafers:
- Provide of For the Cookie.
- Get 1/2 cup of whole blanched almonds.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, plus more for rolling.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of unbleached all purpose flour.
- Take 1/3 cup of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Get 1 tbsp of instant espresso.
- You need 1 cup of (2 sticks/8 ounces) salted butter, softened.
- Take 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract.
- Provide 1 tbsp of peanut butter.
- Get 1 tablespoon of dark rum.
- Prepare of For the Ganache.
- Take 8 ounces of bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of salted butter, softened.
- Provide 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of dark rum.
Steps to make Chocolate Ganache Wafers:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F..
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them until they are light golden brown and fragrant, 14 to 16 minutes..
- Remove the almonds from the oven and turn off the oven until you are ready to form the cookies. Allow the almonds to cool completely, then grind them in a food processor with the 1 tablespoon sugar until they are finely chopped..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, espresso powder, and salt then set aside..
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and confectioners sugar on medium speed until creamy and light, about 2 minutes, then beat in the vanilla extract, rum, and peanut butter and scrape down the sides of the bowl. On low speed, beat in the dry ingredients, followed by the ground almonds..
- Remove the dough from the bowl, divide into 3 logs about 2" each in diameter, wrap it in plastic, and chill for about 1 hour, until it is firm enough to handle..
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line two half-sheet pans with silpat sheets. Cut each log into ½-inch lengths, then dredge the discs in granulated sugar to coat them completely. Place the cookies on the baking sheets, spaced ½ inch apart. Repeat with the remaining portions of dough..
- Bake the cookies, rotating the sheets 180 degrees to ensure even browning, until they are puffed and cracking slightly on top, 7-8 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the sheets for 1 or 2 minutes, then use a spatula to remove them gently to a wire rack to cool completely..
- Place the chopped chocolate and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 30 second increments until almost melted, then stir to avoid overheating. Pour the cream over the top, and allow the mixture to sit for a minute, then whisk until smooth and glossy. Whisk in the rum, if you like. Allow the ganache to cool, whisking it occasionally, until it is firm enough to spread..
- To assemble the wafers: pair up the cookies according to size. Using a small offset spatula, spread a small amount of ganache onto one disc, then place the second disc on top to form a sandwich. Repeat until all the cookies have been used. Allow the ganache to firm up. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 2 days, if they last that long..
If you find this Chocolate Ganache Wafers recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.