Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us have been taught to think that comfort foods are bad and to be avoided. At times, if the comfort food is a sugary food or some other junk food, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are several foods that actually can raise your moods when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Eggs, you may be amazed to learn, are great at fighting depression. Just make sure that you do not throw out the egg yolk. The egg yolk is the most important part of the egg in terms of helping raise your mood. Eggs, specifically the yolks, are loaded with B vitamins. B vitamins can be terrific for elevating your mood. This is because these vitamins help your neural transmitters–the parts of your brain that control your mood–run better. Try eating an egg and cheer up!
You can see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you just so to feel better! Go with these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ox cheek and vegetable soup recipe. You can cook ox cheek and vegetable soup using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup:
- Use 3 of medium onions, cut into quarters.
- Provide 3 of medium carrots, peeled and cut thickly.
- Get 3 of stalks, cut thickly.
- Take 1/2 of of a Swede, peeled and thickly cut.
- Get 2 of Ox cheeks, cut into Bitesize chunks.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Use to taste of Ground black pepper.
- You need 2 of beef stock cubes.
- Get 2 l of water, plus more as required.
- Take Handful of fresh thyme sprigs.
- Use 150 g of approximately of pearl barley.
Instructions to make Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup:
- Place the water in a large stock and and bring to the boil. Add the ox cheek one the water is boiling and stir well..
- Add the carrots, swede, celery, onions and leeks into the pot and bring back to boil..
- Add the thyme and barley and reduce to a simmer, Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 hours to 2.5 hours. May need more or less time, depending how long the meat takes to soften. Add more water if the pot starts to dry out too much..
Heat the oil in a wide flameproof casserole dish or heavy-based pan. Sear the cheeks on all sides, then set aside. Add the vegetables and garlic to. Remove ox cheeks from pot and set aside. Dice onions, chop garlic, and cube carrots and celery root.
If you find this Ox Cheek and Vegetable Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.