Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us think that comfort foods are not good for us and that we should avoid them. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be utterly healthy and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, may better your mood. If you seem to feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, are great for helping you combat depression. Just make sure that you do not throw out the yolk. The egg yolk is the part of the egg that is the most crucial in terms of helping elevate your mood. Eggs, particularly the yolks, are rich in B vitamins. The B vitamin family can be fantastic for boosting your mood. This is because they improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Try eating a couple of eggs to feel better!
See, you don’t need to stuff your face with junk food when you are wanting to feel better! Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roti boy / mexican coffee buns recipe. To make roti boy / mexican coffee buns you need 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns:
- Prepare of A. Coffee Topping.
- Use 200 g of softened butter.
- You need 160 g of icing sugar.
- You need 3 of lightly beaten eggs.
- Provide 2 tbsp of coffee essence – highly recommended.
- Use of (Or use 1tbsp hot water + 2 tbsp coffee).
- You need 1/4 tsp of – 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Take 200 g of flour.
- Provide of B. Filling #1 (salty & buttery).
- Provide 17 of small cubes of salted butter (10g each).
- Get of C. Filling #2 (sweet & salty).
- Use 200 g of Salted butter.
- Use 30 g of soft dark brown sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Use of D. For the Bun.
- Take 270 ml of water.
- Use 8 g of active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp).
- You need 1 of lightly beaten egg.
- Prepare 75 g of castor sugar (3tbsp).
- Provide 500 g of bread flour.
- You need 20 g of milk powder (2 1/2 tbsp).
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Get 5 g of bread improver (1 tsp).
- You need 60 g of softened butter.
Steps to make Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns:
- A. Coffee Topping – cream butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add beaten eggs. Mix again. Next, add coffee essence & ground cinnamon. Stir to combine. Then, Sift in flour and mix until well-combined. You’ll have a paste. Transfer this mixture to a pastry piping bag with round tip attached to it. Into the fridge until ready to use..
- B. Filling #1 – cube salted butter and keep in the fridge before using..
- C. Filling #2 – cream butter, sugar & pinch of salt. Keep in the fridge before using. Scoop generous amount of this mixture onto flatten dough (if using) & seal neatly..
- D. For the Bun – In a bowl, mix yeast, egg, water and sugar. Leave to proof for 5-10mins. Next, Place flour, milk powder and salt in a bowl of a stand mixer with attached dough hook. Add proofed yeast mixture. Mix until well combined using low speed. Then, add butter and mix for another 5 minutes until dough is soft and pliable..
- Remove dough from mixing bowl and keep kneading by hand for another 10mins until dough is stretchy and not breaking when stretched. (Refer to my previous Roti Boy recipe's note on how to check if dough is ready). cover dough & let it rest for 30mins or double in size..
- Divide dough into equal portions. I like mine small for kids lunch box, so my balls weigh around 45g each. Lightly Roll each portion into a ball. Do not press or knead dough so much at this point. Then cover and set aside for 10 minutes..
- After 10mins, Next, flatten each dough and place a cube of hard butter into the center of the dough. Gather the edges and pinch to seal. Lightly roll buns into balls and place on a greased baking tray. Proof buns for at least 45 minutes. Cover with greased cling film..
- 10mins before baking, preheat oven to 160-170°C..
- Next, pipe the topping in a spiral pattern onto the buns. Bake at 160-170°C for 15 minutes or until the buns are lightly brown. Note: different oven has different temperature so adjust oven accordingly when baking. Serve warm..
These fluffy, buttery buns are topped with a coffee scented cookie crust, and because they're so ridiculously tasty they became wildly popular in Southeast Asia. This bun is a purely Asian creation. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with Mexico although Hi emkay! I too have been practicing Roti buns for some time now (but with a recipe from youtube). Hay, thanks for the valuable subject, I've tried many times the original Papparoti/Rotiboy buns in.
If you find this Roti Boy / Mexican Coffee Buns recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.