Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot cross buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot cross buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Many of us believe that comfort foods are bad for us and that we should stay away from them. If your comfort food is candy or junk food this holds true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be totally nourishing and it’s good for you to eat them. There are a number of foods that basically can boost your moods when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and you need an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Cold water fish are good if you are wanting to feel better. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are rich in DHA and omega-3s. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can seriously boost your mood.
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are bad for you to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hot cross buns:
- Prepare 4 cups of wheat flour.
- Prepare 6 tbs of sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- Use 1 of large egg.
- Take 1/4 cup of butter or margarine.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- Take of Orange peel.
- Get of Raisins.
- Take of Orange marmalade for glazing.
- Use 4 tbs of wheat flour added into 2 tbsp water to make a thick paste.
Instructions to make Hot cross buns:
- Pre- heat oven 375 degrees. Warm the water…
- Meanwhile mix 2 tbsp sugar and yeast.
- Add warm water to yeast- sugar mixture..stir n let settle for 5 mins. Cover..
- Meanwhile..mix the other dry ingredients…flour, 4 tbs sugar,salt, cinnamon,orange peel..
- Add the butter and use fingertips to mix flour mixture to the butter..
- Into the yeast mixture which should now have risen,add the egg and mix well..
- Add yeast mixture into wheat flour and mix well. Knead the dough until no longer sticky..
- Cover and leave for 1 hour in a warm place.
- After 1 hour, knead again and cut into small portions and shape into balls..
- Cover and let rise again for 45 mins..
- After 45 mins uncover and draw crosses using the wheat flour paste..
- Bake for 20-25 mins. 375 degrees the first ten mins…then 350 degrees remaining 15 mins..
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot cross buns recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.