Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Hot Cross Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Improve Your Mood.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to consume. Some foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. When you feel a little down and are needing an emotional pick-me-up, test out some of these.
Cold water fish are excellent for eating if you want to battle depression. Salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, trout, and so on, they’re all loaded with omega-3 and DHA. Omega-3 fatty acids and DHA are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain work a lot better. It’s true: consuming a tuna fish sandwich can basically help you fight depression.
As you can see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try some of these suggestions instead.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hot Cross Buns:
- Provide 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Provide 3 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- Provide 1 packet of instant dry yeast.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1/4 cup of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Use 3/4 cup of very warm milk divided into 1/2 and 1/4 cup.
- Take 1/2 cup of raisins soaked in boiling hot water.
- Provide 1 of egg + 1 teaspoon water for egg wash.
- Provide 1/2 cup of icing sugar mixed with 2 1/2 teaspoon milk for the glaze.
Steps to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Combine raisins with hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes then drain.
- Add flour, instant dry yeast, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine well..
- Combine warm milk, sugar, eggs and butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, knead until a soft dough is formed about 8-12 minutes. Pat dry the raisins and add them into the soft dough, knead to combine..
- Transfer dough onto a buttered bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Once dough has risen turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead a few seconds. Divide dough into 12 equal balls sizes.
- Roll each dough into a ball, transfer onto a buttered/oiled baking sheet. Cover with tea towel and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes until puffed.
- Preheat oven to 180 C generously brush the tops of the buns with egg wash and bake for 15-17 minutes/until golden brown. Allow to cool completely once done.
- Stir icing sugar with milk to form paste, add more sugar if you want thicker mixture.
- Transfer glaze to piping bag and pipe a cross shape over each bun. Serve immediately.
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.