Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Easter Hot Cross Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easter Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easter Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood.
Most of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods may be extremely nutritious and good for you. There are some foods that, when you consume them, could better your mood. When you are feeling a little down and are in need of an emotional pick-me-up, test out a few of these.
Make a trail mixfrom various seeds and nuts. Your mood can be improved by consuming peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. This is because seeds and nuts have lots of magnesium which increases your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is the “feel good” chemical substance that directs your brain how you feel day in and day out. The more you have of it, the happier you will feel. Nuts, along with bettering your mood, can be a superb protein source.
See, you don’t need to eat all that junk food when you want to feel better! Try these hints instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to easter hot cross buns recipe. You can have easter hot cross buns using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Easter Hot Cross Buns:
- Take 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk.
- Use 1/4 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Use 11/4 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of clove powder.
- Provide 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Provide of For cross.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Provide 3 tbsp of water.
Steps to make Easter Hot Cross Buns:
- In a pan add milk and butter. When slightly warm keep aside..
- Sift flour in a bowl. Add salt, sugar, yeast, spice powders, lukewarm milk and water and knead to a smooth dough..
- Cover and allow it to rise for 1 hours..
- Transfer dough to a dusted working surface and add raisins. Knead for 4-5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal balls and place it on a greased baking tray..
- Cover and let it proof for 35min..
- Make a paste of 2tbsp flour and 3 tbsp of water. Fill this in a piping bag or a zip lock bag..
- Make cross over each bun using the paste..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180'c for 20-25mins..
Hot cross buns are a traditional Easter food, typically eaten on Good Friday, but are now widely enjoyed year-long. My hot cross buns are a cross (get it?) between a dinner roll and cinnamon roll. They're soft, yet a little dense with a deliciously spiced flavor from cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice. As religions evolved and changed, Christians adopted hot cross buns as a special bread to be made and eaten every year on Good Friday. Hot Cross Buns were originally a Saxon tradition which became an Easter tradition to celebrate Good Friday.
If you find this Easter Hot Cross Buns recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.