Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Elevate Your Mood.
A lot of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are terrible and to be avoided. Often, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it’s good for you to eat them. A number of foods really do elevate your mood when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Eggs, believe it or not, can be truly terrific at fighting back depression. Just be sure that you do not toss the yolk. When you would like to cheer yourself up, the egg yolk is the most important part of the egg. Eggs, the egg yolk in particular, are stuffed full of B vitamins. B vitamins can be great for raising your mood. This is because the B vitamins improve the function of your brain’s neural transmitters (the parts of the brain that tell you how to feel). Try eating a couple of eggs to jolly up!
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you need to eat when you want to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Hot Cross Buns:
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- Get 3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Provide 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Take 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- Get 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk of choice.
- Provide 1/2 cup of water.
- Get 4 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Take 3/4 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Use 1 of egg for eggwash.
Steps to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Combine the water and milk in a mediumsaucepan and warm over low heat until about 100°F (but no more than 110 degrees). Remove from heat and sprinkle the yeast and a pinch of sugar and flour over the surface of the liquid. Set aside without stirring, until foamy and rising up the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes..
- Whisk the butter, egg yolk and vanilla into the yeast mixture..
- Whisk the flour, the remaining sugar, salt,nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and stir in the yeast mixture with a wooden spoon to make a thick, shaggy, and slightly sticky dough. Stir in currants. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until soft and elastic, about 8 minutes. Shape into a ball..
- Brush the inside of a large bowl with butter. Put dough in bowl, turning to coat lightly with butter. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour 30 minutes. (If you have a marker, trace a circle the size of the dough on the plastic, and note the time to help you keep track.).
- To form the rolls: Butter a 9 by 14-inch baking pan. Turn the dough out of the bowl and pat into a rectangle about 16 by 8 inches. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, about 2 ounces each, with a pizzawheel or bench scraper. (If you don't have a scale, divide the dough in half lengthwise, then in half crosswise. Cut each of those four sections into 3 equal-sized rolls.).
- Tuck the edges of the dough under to make round rolls and place them seam-side down in the prepared pan, leaving a little space in between each roll. Cover the pan with buttered plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until the rolls rise almost to the rim of the pan and have more than doubled in size, about 45 minutes..
- Meanwhile, position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375°F.Remove the plastic wrap and brush the tops of the buns with beaten egg. Bake rolls until golden brown and puffy, and an instant read thermometer inserted into the center of the rolls registers 190°F, about 25 minutes..
- To make glaze: I whisked toegther some cream cheese along with powdered sugar and a few tbsp of milk (more or less depending on your desired consistency).
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.