Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot cross buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot cross buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Use Food to Boost Your Mood.
Most of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we should keep away from them. Sometimes, if your comfort food is a sugary food or another junk food, this holds true. Other times, however, comfort foods can be altogether nutritious and it’s good for you to consume them. A number of foods really do boost your mood when you consume them. If you feel a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try a number of these.
Build a trail mix from seeds and/or nuts. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, and so on are all terrific for helping to boost your mood. This is because seeds and nuts have plenty of magnesium which raises your brain’s serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that tells the brain how to feel at any given moment. The more serotonin you have, the better you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, particularly, are a great source of protein.
So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you want to feel better! Test out these tips instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 24 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Hot cross buns:
- Provide of For the ferment:.
- Use 20 g (1 1/2 tbsp.) of sugar.
- Take 10 g of fresh or 1 ½ tsp fast action yeast.
- Take 280 g (1 1/4 cup) of warm milk.
- Get 140 g (1 cup) of wholemeal flour.
- Provide of For the dough:.
- You need 310 g (2 1/2 cup) of strong white flour.
- Take 7 g (2 tsp) of mixed spice.
- Get 3 g (1 tsp) of cinnamon.
- Use 50 g (3 1/2 tbsp.) of butter, softened.
- Use 35 g (2 tbsp.) of sugar.
- Get 1 of medium egg (50g).
- Take 5 g (3/4 tsp) of salt.
- Prepare 180 g (6 oz.) of sultanas.
- Use 80 g (3 oz.) of raisins.
- Use 40 g (3 tbsp.) of white rum (or fruit juice, or water).
- Get of For the crossing mix:.
- You need 50 g (4 tbsp.) of plain flour.
- Get 1 g (1/2 tsp) of baking powder.
- Get 5 g (1 tsp) of vegetable oil.
- You need 50 g (1/4 cup) of water.
- Provide of For the glaze:.
- Get 50 g (1/4 cup) of honey.
- You need 25 g (3 tbsp.) of double cream.
Steps to make Hot cross buns:
- Prepare the raisins well in advance, best to leave them to soak for a few hours or even overnight. Put the raisins and sultanas in a ziplock bag, warm the rum or juice (on the hob or in a microwave) until almost boiling and pour over the fruit. Squash it around in the bag so that the fruit is well covered in the liquid, zip up the bag and leave for the moisture to be absorbed..
- Prepare the ferment by dissolving the yeast in the warm milk and mixing it well with the flour and sugar. Leave to rise and bubble up for about an hour..
- Add the dough ingredients to the ferment and knead or mix in a standing mixer with the dough hook attachment until the dough is smooth, elastic and bounces of the sides of the bowl or stops sticking to your hands. Let it rest for 10 minutes..
- Drain the fruit – there will be next to none liquid left – and then knead it in very gently, taking care not to break up the raisins. If using the standing mixer, mix the fruit in on the lowest speed and finish off by kneading it in with your hands. The huge amount of fruit makes for delicious buns but it’s difficult to distribute it evenly – so invariably you’ll end up with some buns more fruited than others..
- Leave the dough to prove in a warm place until doubled in size – at least an hour..
- Turn it out onto lightly floured surface, trying not to de-gas it too much..
- Divide the dough into 16 even pieces (they will weigh about 75g each if you want to be that precise), mold the pieces into tight balls and place on baking trays lined with parchment, spaced about 5cm apart..
- Place the trays in large plastic bags, inflate each by blowing into it and quickly tying the ends and leave to rise for about an hour, until the buns are almost touching each other..
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4..
- Make the crossing mix – beat all the ingredients together in a bowl with a spoon. Transfer it into a piping bag (if you haven’t got one, spoon the mix into a plastic bag and cut off a corner) and pipe crosses on the buns, using your finger to stop the flow of the mix after each line..
- Immediately put the trays in the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes until well browned – except for the crosses..
- Transfer to a wire rack on the parchment – it will make glazing them easier if they are still slightly stuck to the parchment and not dancing around while you brush the glaze on..
- Heat up the honey until almost starting to boil and stir in the double cream. Brush the glaze on the buns – still warm or slightly cooled down, it doesn’t matter – and leave to cool completely or be snatched to tuck into while still warm..
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot cross buns recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.