Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Hot Cross Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are bad and must be avoided. Sometimes, if your comfort food is made of candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, comfort foods can be perfectly nourishing and good for us to consume. A number of foods honestly do elevate your mood when you consume them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try a few of these.
Make a trail mixfrom different seeds and nuts. Your mood can be elevated by eating peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera. This is possible as these foods are rich in magnesium which boosts your production of serotonin. Serotonin is called the “feel good” chemical substance and it tells your brain how you should be feeling all the time. The more serotonin in your brain, the more pleasant you’ll feel. Not just that but nuts, particularly, are a fantastic protein source.
So you see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you just so to feel better! Try a few of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. To make hot cross buns you only need 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hot Cross Buns:
- Take 3 1/4 cup of Warmed Milk.
- Take 4 tsp of Yeast.
- Get 1/2 cup of Vegetable Oil.
- Prepare 3 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar.
- Get 3 of Eggs.
- Provide 1 tsp of Lemon Zest.
- Take 3 of + 1/4 cup Flour.
- Get 3 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Clove.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of All Spice.
- Get of Dried Fruit Raisons (Optional).
- Use of Sugar Glaze.
- Prepare 2 of Tblsp Water.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of Vinilla Essence.
- Get of (Cool completely before use).
- You need of Frosting.
- Get 3 1/4 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Provide 1 of Tblsp Milk.
Instructions to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Add warmed Milk to mixer along with Yeast. Add in Vegetable Oil, Sugar, Eggs and Zest. Sift Flour, Salt and Spices. Gradually add in the dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Add in Raisons..
- Roll the Elastic Dough into a ball. Into a Large Bowl drizzel 2 Tblsp oil, plcae dought in and allow to rest for 90 mins. Thereafter resting, cut into equally portioned sized balls. Place into a 9 inch tray and cover with a towel allowing it to double in size for another 5 mins. Preheat the oven to 350° and bake for 20 – 25 mins until golden brown on top..
- Prepare Sugar Glaze and cool completely. Remove buns from oven whilst hot brush all over with glaze..
- Lastly, prepare frosting. After buns have cooled completely pipe on and decorate with traditonal crosses..
These slightly sweet yeast-leavened buns are spiced with cinnamon and speckled with currants, citron, and orange zest. Our hot cross buns recipe is easy-to-follow and makes the ultimate spiced, Easter treat. This sweetly spiced hot cross buns recipe takes a little effort but it's worth it. Hot cross buns are made with an enriched dough. While the hot cross buns are baking, make the glaze.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.