Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Pear & Dark Chocolate Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pear & Dark Chocolate Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
Something that some of you may already recognize is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. You should also understand that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. You will be delighted to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you should be ingesting every day.
Even though most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. You may already know that the majority of of the vitamins you need each day can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find necessary potassium in vegetables as well. One of the veggies that can provide you with the potassium you will need is broccoli. Spinach is also something that you may wish to start consuming more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
For people who want to begin living a more healthy life the tips above will be able to help you do that. Also if you cut out all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pear & dark chocolate hot cross buns recipe. To cook pear & dark chocolate hot cross buns you need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Pear & Dark Chocolate Hot Cross Buns:
- Use 180 ml of full fat milk.
- You need 7 g of fast action dried yeast.
- You need 500 g of plain flour.
- Use 80 g of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Take 60 g of caster sugar.
- Take 2 teaspoons of mixed spice.
- Use 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- Take 50 g of sultanas.
- Take 100 g of dark chocolate chunks.
- Get 2 of conference pears, finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten.
- Use of For the crosses.
- Get 50 g of plain flour.
- You need 50 ml of water.
- Provide of For the glaze.
- Prepare 60 g of caster sugar.
- Get 2 tablespoons of water.
Steps to make Pear & Dark Chocolate Hot Cross Buns:
- Grease a rectangular cake tin about 25x30cm or bigger, deep enough to take the buns..
- Warm the milk for 25 seconds in a microwave. Add the yeast to the milk and let it stand for about 10 minutes until frothy..
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and cut the butter into it. Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the salt, sugar, spices, sultanas, chocolate chunks and chopped pear. Stir all that in until it’s well combined. Next, add the egg and the milk/yeast mixture. Using a wooden spoon or similar stir all this together until it starts to form a dough..
- Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead it for 5 to 10 minutes. Put the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a clean tea towel and put in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 to 2 hours..
- Knead again for a couple of minutes and then cut into 12 equal size buns. Rolled each one into a ball in the palms of your hands and then squash them ever so slightly. Space them out in the tin, allowing a little room between each one to rise, and then cover again with a tea towel. Return to a warm place for 30 minutes..
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 C / Gas 6..
- Whilst the buns are proving prepare the ‘cross’ mixture. Just add the flour and water together and give it a good beating with a fork until it’s well blended and not lumpy. Add to a piping bag (or a plastic bag with a corner cut off). Once the 30 minutes are up just pipe the crosses across the top of each bun..
- Bake for 30 minutes..
- About 10 minutes before they come out of the oven, prepare your glaze. Simply add the sugar and water to a small saucepan and heat until all the sugar has dissolved. Once they come out of the oven, whilst still hot, brush over the top of each bun..
- Let them cool. They are ready to eat once the glaze has set. You can eat them warm or cool – your choice..
- Stored in an airtight container they last for a couple of days..
The Pear is a neighbourhood coffee house, based in the heart of Alberton, South Australia. The Pear gives the locals a place to come together, hang out and discuss radical ideas, and provides visitors. Free for commercial use No attribution required High quality images.
If you find this Pear & Dark Chocolate Hot Cross Buns recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.