Looking for the perfect Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking could be among the earliest skills on the planet. That does not mean that there are any limits to the expertise offered for the cook interested in raising his or her abilities. Even the finest cooks, even professionals, can constantly find brand-new dishes, methods and also methods to boost their kitchen skills, so lets try this Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini recipe, we hope you like it.
You can have Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini
- Use 1/4 cup of walnut halves.
- You need to prepare 1 of packed cup basil leaves.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1/2 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
- You need to prepare 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Use 4 of chicken breast halves.
- Use 2 of zucchini, cut into 1/2 in slices and quartered.
- You need to prepare 1 lb of dry linguine.
- Use 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini step by step
- Put a small pan on medium heat and add the walnuts. Let the nuts toast for 2 minutes, shaking the pan often to move them around. Add the nuts to a food processor along with the basil, garlic, parmesan and olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pulse a dozen or so times until the pesto reaches a uniform and just slightly chunky consistency..
- Cover the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film or parchment paper. Use a kitchen mallet, rolling pin or small heavy pot to pound the breasts until they're 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness..
- Add a splash of veg oil to a large pan on medium-high heat. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and sear them in the pan, about 4 to 5 minutes per side depending on thickness. Remove the chicken to a plate to rest and wipe the pan clean. You'll need it again shortly. Put a large pot of salted water on high heat for the pasta..
- Put the pan back on high heat and add a fresh splash of veg oil. Add the zucchini and fry until they start to caramelize and soften just a little, about 3 or 4 minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked pepper. While you're cooking the zucchini, cook the linguine according to the package directions..
- Drag the cooked pasta from the pot to a large mixing bowl. Add 3 or 4 tablespoons of pesto as well as the cream, then toss to coat. If the pasta's too thick, add a ladle or so of the pasta cooking water. Plate the linguine, and top with the chicken breast and zucchini..
- Transfer any leftover pesto to a small container and top with a little extra virgin olive oil. Keep it in the fridge to be used again. Hint: it's amazing drizzled inside an omelette with a little cream cheese..
Now that you have read Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini recipe, it is the moment for you to head to the kitchen area and also prepare some wonderful food! Keep in mind, cooking is not an ability that can be one hundred percent right initially. Technique is required for you to understand the art of cooking.
If you find this Creamy Walnut Pesto Linguine with Chicken and Zucchini recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.