If you're looking for Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Whether you are a college student just starting your very own culinary experiments or a skilled chef with numerous dinner parties under your belt, there is always something brand-new to find out about cooking. We hope these Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe and tips can help you in your kitchen tonight, and also get used to magnificent home-cooked dishes.
To cook Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne you only need 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of salt and black pepper.
- Provide 1 lb of penne rigate.
- Provide 1 tsp of olive oil.
- Provide 2 of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, halved horizontally.
- You need 3/4 cup of flour.
- Use 6 of garlic cloves, finely minced.
- You need to prepare 6 cup of whole milk.
- You need to prepare 10 oz of white or cremini mushrooms, trimmed and thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of shredded provolone.
- Use 1 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan.
BUT i was able to sneak this chicken breast past his taste buds…he even had seconds! AND asked to eat it for lunch tomorrow (today). First let me say my husband is not a chicken guy nor an Alfredo guy. and when he does eat chicken, it has to be dark meat. Cheesy Chicken & Penne Bake is the perfect dish to complete a lazy day!
Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne step by step
- Preheat oven to 400. Butter two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. If you?re going to freeze one, use a disposable foil pan. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente; drain pasta and set aside..
- While pasta is boiling, heat oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper; cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Halve each piece lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. While chicken pan is still hot, toss the mushrooms in and saute until golden brown (3-4 minutes). Use a little extra olive oil if needed.(Since I used left over chicken, I just cooked the mushrooms in the olive oil).
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot , melt butter over medium. Add flour and garlic; cook, whisking, 1 minute. While whisking constantly, gradually add milk; bring to a simmer. Keep whisking frequently as sauce thickens, about 1 minute more. Add mushrooms and tomatoes; cook 1 minute. Take the pan off the heat and and gradually stir in provolone and 1/2 cup Parmesan..
- Add chicken and pasta to pot; season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide pasta mixture between baking dishes. If freezing, place remaining parmesan cheese in a zip-top baggie. If cooking, sprinkle on top..
- Bake, uncovered, until top is golden and bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving..
- Freezer instructions: To freeze, prepare through step 4 and then let pasta cool. Cover pan well with plastic wrap. Place extra cheese in baggie (for topping) on top and then cover entire pan well with foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. To bake, preheat oven to 400. Remove foil and plastic from pan and set cheese baggie aside. Place foil back on pan and bake for about 1 1/2 hours. Remove foil, stir pasta, and top with cheese. Return pan to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes (I only did 10 minutes) or until mixture is hot and bubbly throughout..
Quick and easy, this recipe is also one of my one pot wonders!! The kids will just love it - pasta & cheese - great combination for those hungry tummies!! Serve our Three-Cheese Chicken Penne Pasta Bake and savor the compliments! With spinach, basil and three types of cheese, this chicken pasta bake can't be beat! Perfect for using up leftover ham, this creamy, cheesy, comfort-food dish is completely family friendly.
Cooking is a type of art as well as it requires time and practice to equivalent experience and also know-how in the field. There are several kinds of cooking as well as also several kinds of food from various societies. Use what you've seen from Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe it will certainly aid you in your food preparation endeavors.
If you find this Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.