Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Hot Cross Buns recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hot Cross Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hot Cross Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some simple changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you have to entirely get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get used to the change. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you no longer wish to eat the old diet.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hot cross buns recipe. You can cook hot cross buns using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Hot Cross Buns:
- Get 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- Get 3 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Use 1 packet of instant dry yeast.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 3/4 cup of very warm milk divided into 1/2 and 1/4 cup.
- Provide 1/2 cup of raisins soaked in boiling hot water.
- Provide 1 of egg + 1 teaspoon water for egg wash.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of icing sugar mixed with 2 1/2 teaspoon milk for the glaze.
Instructions to make Hot Cross Buns:
- Combine raisins with hot water and let it sit for 10 minutes then drain.
- Add flour, instant dry yeast, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to combine well..
- Combine warm milk, sugar, eggs and butter and stir until butter is melted.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, knead until a soft dough is formed about 8-12 minutes. Pat dry the raisins and add them into the soft dough, knead to combine..
- Transfer dough onto a buttered bowl. Cover and let rise in warm place for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Once dough has risen turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead a few seconds. Divide dough into 12 equal balls sizes.
- Roll each dough into a ball, transfer onto a buttered/oiled baking sheet. Cover with tea towel and let sit in a warm place for 30 minutes until puffed.
- Preheat oven to 180 C generously brush the tops of the buns with egg wash and bake for 15-17 minutes/until golden brown. Allow to cool completely once done.
- Stir icing sugar with milk to form paste, add more sugar if you want thicker mixture.
- Transfer glaze to piping bag and pipe a cross shape over each bun. Serve immediately.
If you find this Hot Cross Buns recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.