Intend to be a much better cook? Who doesn't! Searching for some brand-new, enjoyable, and interesting food selection concepts? That isn't! The wish to prepare better dishes as well as try new dishes is something all of us want to do. Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds dish possibly the one you are searching for.
When saving active ingredients that you will use for food preparation it is a great habit to stock them in big amounts and freeze them in plastic bags. This will make preparing food less complicated and also quicker. For instance, when preparing vegetables, you can simply pull them out of the freezer and just steam them.
To make Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds you need 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds:
- Use Whole Wheat Spaghetti and Veggies.
- You need to prepare 4 oz dried whole wheat spaghetti pasta.
- You need 1 Kosher salt, to taste.
- Provide 1 Black pepper, to taste.
- Prepare 1 small spaghetti squash.
- Use 1 small Japanese eggplant, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick.
- Provide 1 small onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp capers, drained.
- Prepare 1 ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted in 350º F oven for 8 minutes.
- Prepare 1 tsp tomato paste.
- Use 1 small lemon, cut in half and juiced.
- Use 2 tsp olive oil, divided.
- Use 1 tsp sherry vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp unsalted butter, divided.
- Provide 1 tbsp Italian parsley, washed and roughly chopped.
Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds step by step :
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF and fill a medium to large sauce pot three quarters full with water and 1 tablespoon of salt. Turn the sauce pot on over high-heat..
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut the squash in half from the stem end to the blossom end. Scoop out the seeds with a large metal serving spoon. Season with salt and black pepper, brush cut side with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place cut side down on a heavy baking pan or roasting pan. Cook for 30-35 minutes until the top is soft and gives to the touch..
- When the water reaches a boil, add the pasta all at once and stir continuously so it does not stick to each other or the pan. Cook the pasta until tender or al-dente but not mushy. Before draining the pasta remove 2 Tablespoons of the hot pasta cooking liquid and reserve for later. Drain the pasta in a large colander and reserve..
- While the squash is roasting, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining olive oil to the pan, add the eggplant. Cook while stirring for 4-5 minutes and then add onion and half of the butter, cook for 2-3 more minutes. Add vinegar and tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute, remove from heat..
- Once the squash is cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Scrape out the inner strands of squash and add to the pan with eggplant..
- Heat the pan of vegetables over medium heat while stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Once the vegetables are hot add the cooked pasta, reserved pasta water, remaining butter, capers and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat while stirring to incorporate all the ingredients. Once the butter has melted and the pasta has started to absorb some of the sauce remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Serve in two large bowls with toasted almonds and parsley on top. Enjoy!.
There are couple of activities as satisfying and also rewarding as cooking. Not only can you bend your innovative muscles, you can also supply delicious dishes for your family members. Expanding your knowledge of food preparation is certain to boost your time in the cooking area. Attempting Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds recipe is a wonderful way to do just that.
If you find this Whole Wheat Spaghetti, Spaghetti Squash, Japanese Eggplant, Capers and Toasted Almonds recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.