Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cincinnati Chili recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cincinnati Chili recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Many of us think that comfort foods are bad for us and that we need to stay away from them. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this holds true. At times, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to eat. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, could boost your mood. When you are feeling a little down and need an emotional pick-me-up, test out a couple of these.
Cold water fish are good if you are wanting to feel better. Salmon, herring, tuna fish, mackerel, trout, etc, they’re all loaded with omega-3 and DHA. These are two things that promote the quality and the function of your brain’s grey matter. It’s true: eating a tuna fish sandwich can actually help you overcome depression.
So you see, you don’t need to consume all that junk food when you wish to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cincinnati chili recipe. To cook cincinnati chili you only need 26 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cincinnati Chili:
- Take of Base.
- Prepare 2 1/4 lb of 75% Lean Ground Beef.
- Get 3 1/2 of Yellow Onions, chopped.
- Prepare of Liquids.
- Use 32 oz of beef stock.
- Prepare 16 oz of tomato sauce.
- Take 2 1/4 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Use 2 1/4 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- Use of Spice Mix.
- Prepare 3 1/4 tbsp of chili powder.
- Get 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 2 1/4 tsp of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 3/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Get 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cloves, heaping.
- Use 1/4 tsp of allspice, heaping.
- Take 1 of large bayleaf.
- Provide of Optional Toppings.
- Use 1 of shredded cheese.
- Use 1 of kidney beans.
- Use 1 of chopped green onion.
- Take 1 of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of oyster crackers.
Instructions to make Cincinnati Chili:
- In a large skillet or stove top dutch oven brown the ground beef and finely chopped onion. Drain the fat..
- Pour the beef stock in the skillet with the beef and onion and simmer for 12 minutes..
- While this is simmering prepare all of the spices list into a small bowl..
- Once the 12 mins is up add the spices to the skillet and mix in well..
- Now add the rest of the liquids and mix in well..
- Let this simmer UNCOVERED for 75 to 90 minutes until aromatic and reaches a thick sauce/chili like consistency. Stir occasionally..
- Remove from heat and skim the excess fat off the top with a ladle and remove the bayleaf..
- Serve and enjoy! This pairs well over hot spaghetti noodle, on a hot dog, on a loaded baked potato, or even as by itself in a bowl with your favorite garnishes!.
- I decided to top spaghetti with mine and garnish with cheese, onion, sour cream..
Cincinnati chili is a chili unlike any other, filled with a beguiling mix of Mediterranean spices and chili powder, a beloved regional favorite. Make it tonight with this recipe. Authentic Cincinnati Chili is made with ground meat, tomato paste, and spices such as cumin and It's a different take than Texas chili in that it has more of a sweet profile and is served over spaghetti. The inventor's Greek roots can clearly. Cincinnati Chili made with the authentic Skyline Chili recipe served over spaghetti with onions and shredded cheddar cheese!
If you find this Cincinnati Chili recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.