Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Discover How to Improve Your Mood with Food.
Many of us have been conditioned to believe that comfort foods are not good and must be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be completely healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. Several foods actually do improve your mood when you consume them. If you are feeling a little bit down and you’re needing an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
Make a few trail mix of nuts or seeds. Peanuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, almonds, pumpkin seeds, etcetera are all great for helping to raise your mood. This is because these foods are high in magnesium, which helps to increase serotonin levels. Serotonin is a feel-good chemical that directs the brain how to feel at any given point in time. The more of it you have, the happier you are going to feel. Not only that, nuts, in particular, are a great protein source.
Now you know that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you are wanting to help your moods get better. Try some of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to flourless healthy oatmeal cookies recipe. To cook flourless healthy oatmeal cookies you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies:
- Use of Dry Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 cup of regular uncooked rolled oats.
- Use 1/4 cup of dried cranberries/ black raisins/ golden raisins.
- Provide 1/2 cup of crushed or chopped cashew nuts/ almond nuts/ walnuts.
- Use of Wet Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Provide 150 g of or 1/2 cup cashew butter/ almond butter/ walnuts butter (please see below for DIY).
- Get 1 teaspoon of baking powder or 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Take 3 tablespoon of maltose or unsweetened applesauce.
- Use 1 teaspoon of flavoring powder or extract (e.g. cacao, strawberry).
- Get 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional).
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (optional).
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of salt (optional).
Steps to make Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies:
- Crush the nuts · Put the nuts into a zip lock bag and crush it to small pieces with a pounder..
- DIY butter (Optional) · Blend nuts to paste form. Tips: If your food processor is not powerful enough, blend for 5-10 seconds and stop for 10-20 seconds. Repeat this cycle until the job is done. This is to prevent food processor from overheating..
- Plump the raisins (Optional but recommended) · Pour boiling water enough to cover the raisins. Soak for 10 minutes and let it cool. Do not drain the water. Tips: Use a smaller container so that lesser water is used. This means the raisins can retain more of their sweetness and the dough used later will be thicker..
- Bake 1. Set oven to 176 degrees Celsius. 2. Whisk the egg in a bowl. 3. Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir well. The mixture will thicken as you stir..
- Bake 4. Add dry ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Bake 5. Divide the dough evenly using a spoon or ice cream scoop onto a baking sheet. Press gently on each ball since the cookies will not rise much in the oven. Tips: Use two spoons so that it is easier to shape up the ball..
- Bake 6. Bake for 8-10 minutes and then allow them to cool. They will harden and become chewy as they cool. Cookie flavor: Original: milk + walnuts + black raisins Brown: cacao + cashew nuts + cranberries Red velvet: beetroot dye & vanilla + almond nuts + golden raisins Yellow: tangerine & vanilla + berries.
Stir this into the oat mixture, mixing with your hands or a large wooden spoon to work in the ingredients. Flourless oatmeal raisin cookies that are soft, chewy, and super easy to make. They're comforting health food at its finest! These might possibly be the best cookies I've ever made. I mean, I may be a tiny bit biased seeing as oatmeal raisin cookies are my favourite cookies of ALL time, but I'm not messing around – these guys are good.
If you find this Flourless Healthy Oatmeal Cookies recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.