If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Cooking is a form of art and there are various types of cooking that you could learn. You can become a chef or you can merely attempt to understand the art of cooking good meals within your house. Lots of tasks in the office use cooks, prep-cooks as well as managers that also look after cooks. We hope this Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise recipe can assist make you a much better chef.
To make Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise you only need 10 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise
- You need 2 of wholemeal rolls or slices of pumperknickel rye bread (anything with some texture to it).
- Prepare 4 of smoked mackerel fillets.
- Use 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of white distilled malt vinegar.
- Use of Hollandaise sauce.
- Provide 2 of egg yolks.
- Use 1 pinch of salt and black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need to prepare 1 tsp of white distilled malt vinegar.
Spread toasted muffins with remaining butter. Top each half with a slice of salmon, some spinach and an egg. Spoon over hollandaise and cook under a grill. Top with the asparagus and poached eggs.
Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise instructions
- Put the egg yolks in a food processor and add salt and pepper. Whiz for about 10 seconds..
- Put lemon juice and vinegar in a jug and microwave for 20 seconds..
- Pour it into the food processor while whizzing again..
- Melt the butter in the same jug for 40-45 seconds in the microwave.
- Pour the melted butter slowly into the processor while it whizzes, and whiz until frothy and smooth..
- Put a bowl over a saucepan, with about an inch of water in it, onto a medium heat..
- Transfer the sauce into the bowl and whisk it until it is thick and thoroughly warmed. Remove from the saucepan and set aside..
- Top up the water in the pan until it is almost full and put it on a high heat. Add the vinegar and bring it to the boil..
- Break the eggs into ramekins ready to drop into the water..
- Put the mackerel fillets on a microwaveable plate, cover them with plastic wrap..
- Microwave them for 1 and a half - 2 minutes, then uncover them, turn them over, cover them, and microwave them for another 30 seconds -1 minute.
- When the water in the pan is boiling, drop in the eggs then bring back up to boiling point and immmediately drop the heat to a simmer and poach the eggs for two minutes.
- Take the mackerel fillets out of the microwave, remove the skin and place the fillets, broken up if you like, onto the split rolls or rye bread slices..
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the poached eggs from the water, using a tea towel underneath the spoon to absorb any water..
- Place the eggs on top of the mackerel, and spoon over spoonfuls of the Hollandaise and serve..
If you want your sauce a little thinner, whisk. Poached Eggs: Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Add in the white wine vinegar. When they are almost cooked sprinkle them with a little lemon juice. Serve the pan fried trout with a perfectly poached egg and a suggestion of hollandaise sauce.
There is always something new to find out when it comes to food preparation and every cook's skill-set is open to renovation. This Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise recipe is just a few recipe suggestions to help improve your cook's performance. There are much more excellent recipes out there and also great cooks keep searching for them throughout their lives. Consistent discovering is the crucial to ever-improving cooking skills.
If you find this Smoked Mackerel, Poached Eggs and Hollandaise recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.