Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Boost Your Mood.
Many of us have been trained to believe that comfort foods are bad and should be avoided. At times, if your comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is true. Otherwise, comfort foods could be really nutritious and good for you. There are a number of foods that, when you eat them, can improve your mood. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Your mood could really be helped by green tea. You were simply anticipating to read that, weren’t you? Green tea has been found to be rich in an amino acid known as L-theanine. Research has proved that this amino acid promotes the production of brain waves. This helps focus your mental energy while simultaneously calming your body. You probably already knew it is not difficult to be healthy when you consume green tea. Now you know it can help you be happier also!
So you see, you don’t have to turn to junk food or foods that are not good for you so you can feel better! Test out these hints instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to penne with butternut squash and goat cheese recipe. To make penne with butternut squash and goat cheese you need 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese:
- You need 1 of vegetable oil or cooking spray.
- Prepare 1 of large butternut squash, peeled seeded and cut into 3/4 cubes.
- Get 1 of onion, diced in 1/2 inch pieces.
- Get 1 of olive oil for drizzling.
- Provide 1 of kosher salt and cracked pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of penne pasta.
- Use 8 oz of goat cheese, crumbled.
- You need 1 cup of coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted.
- Use 1 cup of packed, chopped fresh basil.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan.
Steps to make Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese:
- Spray a baking sheet liberally with spray or veg oil, spread squash and onion evenly. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a 350°F oven on top rack for 20 minutes or until squash is tender and golden. Check often do not burn. Remove from oven to cool completely..
- Prepare pasta as directed, drain and reserve 2 cup pasta water.
- Put pasta, goat cheese and 1cup of pasta water in a serving bowl. Toss until cheese is melted into a creamy sauce adding more water if necessary..
- Add in squash mixture, walnuts and basil.
- Garnish with parmesan and enjoy!!.
- *to toast walnut bake on a sheet in 350 oven for 6 to 8 minutes and cool before using.
Toss until the cheese has melted and forms a creamy sauce. Stir in the squash and onion mixture, the walnuts and the basil. Simple yet hearty, this bowl of pasta is comfort food without the guilt. Savory, tart goat cheese, blended with fresh herbs creates a creamy, rich sauce for whole-wheat penne and seasonal roasted. Baked Butternut Squash, Roasted Butternut, Healthy Butternut Squash Recipes, Butternut Squash Casserole, Quick Vegetarian Meals, Vegetarian Italian, Olive Recipes Vegetarian, Vegetarian Food, Cooking Recipes.
If you find this Penne with butternut squash and goat cheese recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.