Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Try Using Food to Improve Your Mood.
A lot of us think that comfort foods are terrible for us and that we have to avoid them. At times, if the comfort food is a high sugar food or another junk food, this is very true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be utterly nutritious and good for us to eat. There are some foods that basically can raise your moods when you eat them. If you seem to feel a little bit down and you need a happiness pick me up, try some of these.
Cold water fish are wonderful for eating if you wish to combat depression. Cold water fish like tuna, trout and wild salmon are high in DHA and omega-3s. These are two substances that promote the quality and function of the grey matter in your brain. It’s true: chomping on a tuna fish sandwich can really help you overcome depression.
As you can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are terrible for you to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino chicken adobo recipe. You can cook filipino chicken adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Use 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- Provide 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- You need 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo:
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.
You can use any parts of the chicken. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine. It's great for people with a very busy schedule and who like simple meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Chicken adobo: just one of many classic Filipino dishes worthy trying. This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients Bring the chicken to a boil over high heat.
If you find this Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.