Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Ox Tail Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ox Tail Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Turn to Food to Elevate Your Mood.
Most of us have been trained to think that comfort foods are not good and are to be avoided. Often, if your comfort food is essentially candy or other junk foods, this holds true. Soemtimes, comfort foods can be perfectly healthy and good for us to consume. There are a number of foods that actually can improve your moods when you eat them. If you feel a little bit down and need a happiness pick me up, try a couple of these.
Grains can be good for driving away a bad mood. Quinoa, barley, teff, millet, etc are all good for helping you feel happier. These grains can help you feel full for longer as well, helping you feel better. Feeling famished can be terrible! The reason these grains can improve your mood is that they are not hard to digest. You digest them faster than other foods which can help promote your blood sugar levels, which, in turn, helps make you feel better, mood wise.
Now you can see that junk food isn’t necessarily what you have to eat when you wish to help your moods get better. Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ox tail soup recipe. To make ox tail soup you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ox Tail Soup:
- Use 6-8 lb of ox tails.
- Get 2 of onions, whole.
- Use 2 of onions, chopped.
- Get 10 cloves of garlic.
- Use 3 of bay leaves.
- Provide 3 cans of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 cup of barley (not "instant" barley").
- Get 2 lb of carrots, peeled and sliced.
- Prepare 10 stalks of celery, sliced.
- Use 2 of large onions, diced.
- Take 5 cups of cooked spaetzle (see spaetzle recipe).
Steps to make Ox Tail Soup:
- In a large stock pot, add ox tails, then add water to cover the oxtails by an inch. Add whole onions, cloves of the garlic, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, cover and let simmer for 3 hours..
- Take out ox tails and refrigerate overnight. Discard whole onion and cloves of garlic from the broth. Refrigerate the broth and bay leaves separately from the ox tails overnight..
- Skim and remove the layer of fat from the broth. Trim fat from ox tails..
- In a large stock pot, add back in broth and ox tails. Add in tomato soup, bring to boil. Add barley. Cover and simmer for an hour..
- Add in carrots, celery, and onion. Let simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add in spaetzle. Remove bay leaves..
If you find this Ox Tail Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.