Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Foods That Make Your Mood Better.
Most of us have been conditioned to think that comfort foods are terrible and are to be avoided. But if your comfort food is candy or junk food this is true. Other times, though, comfort foods can be altogether healthy and it’s good for you to consume them. There are a number of foods that, when you consume them, may improve your mood. If you are feeling a little bit down and in need of an emotional pick me up, try several of these.
If you wish to battle depression, you should eat some cold water fish. Cold water fish including tuna, trout and wild salmon are chock full of DHA and omega-3 fatty acids. These are two things that truly help the grey matter in your brain run a lot better. It’s the truth: consuming tuna fish sandwiches can really help you battle your depression.
You can see, you don’t need junk food or foods that are bad for you just so to feel better! Try several of these instead!
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to daal pithauri (traditional bihari lunch) recipe. You can cook daal pithauri (traditional bihari lunch) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch):
- Provide 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Take of Water, as required.
- Get 3/4 cup of Masoor Dal (Whole).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cumin powder (Jeera).
- Take 1 tablespoon of Coriander Powder (Dhania).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Turmeric powder (Haldi).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Take of For tempering.
- Take 1/2 cup of Onions, chopped.
- Provide 4 cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Take 2 of Green Chillies, finely chopped.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds (Jeera).
- You need of Ghee, as required.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Hing.
- Provide 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Get 10-12 of Curry Leaves.
- Take of Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, for garnish, chopped.
Instructions to make Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch):
- To begin making the Daal Pithauri recipe, knead the wheat flour with water and make a smooth dough. Make small balls (bit smaller than a size of cherry tomato) and roll the balls into thin round shapes with the help of rolling pin..
- Fold from half to form a dumpling or a bowl shape dim-sums. Similarly, roll all the dough and keep them aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add water and lentils. Bring them to a boil. Once it is done, add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste..
- Let them boil for 10-15 minutes. Once they have boiled, add the prepared dough dumplings. Put on the cooker lid. After 2 whistles, remove it from the hob and let it cool down..
- While the ingredients in the cooker is getting cooled, prepare the tempering or the tadka. Heat a tadka pan and all the ingredients mentioned under ‘For tadka’..
- Once done add the tadka to the cooked Lentil soup and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve Daal Pithauri on its own Kachumber Salad for a delicious weekday dinner..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.
There are a great many daal recipes in Indian cuisine but here are just a few delicious ones to get you started. Daal Pithauri is a spicy, one-pot meal, prepared by simmering whole wheat flour bits in a lentil-based motley perked with spices. It is a popular dish in Bihar, Gujarat and Rajasthan and is prepared mostly for lunch. Daal Pithauri is an authentic Bihari recipe that you can cook for your family and friends. Dal (sometimes spelled 'dhal', 'dahl' or 'daal') is one of my very favorite Indian dishes because of how quickly it is made.
If you find this Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.